1999 K2500 Suburban 7.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am just waiting until my replacement motor is put together and then deal with broken studs when it is out on a stand.

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Life has been busy, but I did finally get the two broken exhaust studs out.

As someone that refuses to take my vehicles into someone, I had to bite the bullet and have someone remove the studs via welding. Combination of not having a welder, lack of time, and the right price. It was very reasonable at $180, so I don't feel too horrible about it.

I plan to throw on the headers in the coming week or two. I have a 22" Magnaflow muffler to throw on as well. I'm debating on doing full 3" all the way back, but that is something I can easily go later... AFTER I put some miles on this thing!

Pics to come.

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time flies when you're having fun! I've been focused on other things and forgot all about the ole girl.

Nothing crazy... I chopped off the old exhaust to make room, and faux-mounted the headers for a quick pic. I need to clean up the mating surface before moving forward, but I really do intend to finish this up here in the next few weeks.

Pics and video to come.