1999 GMT400 flatbed 7.4 dual tanks repair manual ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat58

Reaction score
Just picked up a new to me truck. I am having troubles finding a repair manual. I was told by my local chevy dealer that the model type on the title won't help me much on finding parts and repair info so use 1999 3500HD and the parts stores should be able to help me... Well that not working out either. The haynes manual I was told to get does not cover vortec 7.4 or info on the dual gas tanks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best repair manual I can get ???
1999 GMT truck sold as a cab and chassis. Then a after market PRO TECH 14 foot aluminum flat bed installed. I do all my own repairs on all my past and now owned chevy trucks. But don'[t know the vortec 7.4 and dual tanks and how it works ?

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 11
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 11

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may want to try the '98 factory service manuals that can be downloaded here for free:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/

I can't imagine that much changed between '98 and '99, and '99 was the start of the GMT800 platform so that could create some confusion. The 3500HDs may have their own manuals, I'm not very familiar with them.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Bishko manual-on-disc (DVD, I think) for '97 C/K.

It's a pain in the *** to scroll through. The .pdf files are too huge for the scroll bar to have any use.

And, in '97, the Bishko manual doesn't include the Unit Repair Manual. I guess other years do, but Bishko screwed the pooch in '97--the regular manual says to use the '96 Unit Repair Manual; but that's not included in the '97 Bishko disc.

So: Attractive price, most of the info is there but hard to scroll to find. OTOH, being .pdf, it's searchable and I've done that several times.

I'll take a paper copy over the CD-ROM or DVD; but the discs are damn sure better than nothing, and far better than Clymer, Haynes, Chilton, etc.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You have a 3500HD. You kind of have to know the difference between them, and the pickups ahead of time. The body is the same as any other GMT-400, but the chassis is more like a P-chassis.

The 98 manual should work fine.... warning they're poorly edited.

Tomcat58

Reaction score
You may want to try the '98 factory service manuals that can be downloaded here for free:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/

I can't imagine that much changed between '98 and '99, and '99 was the start of the GMT800 platform so that could create some confusion. The 3500HDs may have their own manuals, I'm not very familiar with them.
Thank you I download a few of 98 manuals and hoping they didn't change much for my 99 !