1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I posted this in a separate thread, but here's my plan for the new exhaust.

Here's the current system:

You must be registered for see images attach

The new muffler I'll be adding is shorter, so I plan to order 3" piping and run it from the y-pipe into the new muffler, and then all should be good. I think all I'll need to buy is one more clamp to clamp onto the y-pipe and then reuse all the other clamps currently on it.

Here's the plan for the new one

Anything I'm overlooking?

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I posted this in a separate thread, but here's my plan for the new exhaust.

Here's the current system:

The new muffler I'll be adding is shorter, so I plan to order 3" piping and run it from the y-pipe into the new muffler, and then all should be good. I think all I'll need to buy is one more clamp to clamp onto the y-pipe and then reuse all the other clamps currently on it.

Here's the plan for the new one

Anything I'm overlooking?
The muffler delete mod

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
So I ordered the 14" magnaflow muffler, enough piping to make up the difference for the smaller muffler, and the clamp needed

Ordered it last night from Summit and it's gonna be here tomorrow already (free shipping as well). Summit's awesome

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Hahah I couldn't. Even though it would sound awesome, my neighbors hate me enough as it is. Plus I'd wake up my own parents when I go hunting at 4 AM
I rode around last night in my buddies Straight piped Tahoe and it sounds awesome but he said he's starting to hate it

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
So, after my whole ordeal with my exhaust, it finally got done today.

It's exactly as my drawing showed it would be, and I now have a 14" magnaflow single in dual out muffler. Compared to the flowmaster 70 series, it's about the same at idle... (haven't heard it on a cold start yet, so we'll see in the morning tomorrow) And as I accelerate, it's slightly louder than the 70 series was. It has a better tone/sound to it though IMO. As I push the RPMs up to 3,000 or 4,000, it gets nice and loud. Has a slight crackle at very high RPMs, but it's a good crackle. Not the ricer type crackle.