1998 K1500 5.0 P1336

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brettmd2

Reaction score
That should be good enough to keep the engine running, I'd come back to CMPRET when it stays running.

Im not sure whats going on with it. Its still running for 1-2 seconds, the odd time it goes for 3-4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have an RPM signal? I wonder if the engine fires, PCM doesn't see RPM, and cuts out? How's fuel pressure during all of this?

Brettmd2

Reaction score
Do you have an RPM signal? I wonder if the engine fires, PCM doesn't see RPM, and cuts out? How's fuel pressure during all of this?

Yes there is rpm signal to the solus, fuel pressure is good, i still have it wired independently so its a constant pressure

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes there is rpm signal to the solus, fuel pressure is good, i still have it wired independently so its a constant pressure

Weird. Try unplugging the MAF, make a few attempts. What are your MAP reading key on engine off and does it fluctuate when you start the truck? What is your indicated ECT and IAT?

Brettmd2

Reaction score
Weird. Try unplugging the MAF, make a few attempts. What are your MAP reading key on engine off and does it fluctuate when you start the truck? What is your indicated ECT and IAT?

Just unplugged the MAF, engine is running and staying on. Throwing a few other codes now, but seems to run fine.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just unplugged the MAF, engine is running and staying on. Throwing a few other codes now, but seems to run fine.

Well that was easy. It'll run fine like that but it will max out your trans line pressures. Now you should be able to better dial in CMPRET and maybe get that CASE relearn knocked out. What other codes are you throwing?

Brettmd2

Reaction score
Well that was easy. It'll run fine like that but it will max out your trans line pressures. Now you should be able to better dial in CMPRET and maybe get that CASE relearn knocked out. What other codes are you throwing?

So its throwing some map sensor codes which ive expected, still throwing a 1336 ckp not learned, and is now throwing a p1345 ckp/cmp correlation problem. I tried relearning the ckp and it is not letting me. How do i go about dialing in the CMPRET and do a case relearn?

Brettmd2

Reaction score

As of now its reading the CMPRET as 0

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As of now its reading the CMPRET as 0

Hold RPMs at 1100 and turn dist until you see 0 +/-2. It will vary between idle and 1100, you can observe that offset and set at idle then verify at 1100. It is very sensitive to adjustment. No need to be in any special mode to perform this as long as you can see CMPRET. The Snapon should give you instructions on performing the CASE. If you have bidirectional controls you can command 1100 RPM to make that easy.

Brettmd2

Reaction score
Hold RPMs at 1100 and turn dist until you see 0 +/-2. It will vary between idle and 1100, you can observe that offset and set at idle then verify at 1100. It is very sensitive to adjustment. No need to be in any special mode to perform this as long as you can see CMPRET. The Snapon should give you instructions on performing the CASE. If you have bidirectional controls you can command 1100 RPM to make that easy.

Yes i had the rpm set at 1200, i think it will not let me because the MAF is still disconnected which is throwing codes. As soon as i reconnect the MAF it dies and does the same as before.