1998 GMC Sierra ECSB z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
The tires changed the look completely. What happened to your center caps though?

Any plans to do an engine swap in the future?

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The tires changed the look completely. What happened to your center caps though?

Any plans to do an engine swap in the future?

The tires made a crazy difference for sure! The truck came with Triangle 10 ply radials then when I wore those out I threw on a used set of michelin's but neither of them looked aggressive! I lost one somewhere out in the desert and can't justify the $40 people want on eBay. The local junkyard didn't have any either! Maybe if I find a clean set of 4 I'll buy them but for the meantime I won't trip over it. At some point I will, debating between buying a crate 350 from Summit for 2 grand or build a 383.

Looks awesome!!

Looks great man

Thank you guys! I like this truck a lot more than my old 94 6.5, cleaner and comfortable... although that 6.5 half ton keeps up pretty well with the Vortec :)

gstubbz

Reaction score
So something cool. My friend that I sold the 94 6.5 truck to has a grandpa that drives a 96 k1500 and when the head gasket blew he threw in a new Summit crate engine. My buddy ended up with the block and had it in the back of the truck, I asked him about it and he wanted $100. I almost talked him into 4 cans of spray paint I had in my toolbox then he brought up the idea of 3 cans of chew. $15 worth of Copenhagen Long Cut the block was sitting in the bed of my truck.

Vortec 350 block, 205k, and I dunno if it's a 2 or 4 bolt main quite yet. If I were to guess it's a 2 but whatever. Gives me something to tear down and rebuild for my truck lol :D

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nice! Big plan to build for power or just a plain rebuild?

gstubbz

Reaction score
Nice! Big plan to build for power or just a plain rebuild?

I'd love to build a 383 out of it! When I got home I told my dad that I came home with it and he was all pissed off. So I said I will take it out to a buddies house and tear it down there which pissed him off even more saying it's worth nothing more than going to the dump. Screw that!!