1998 GMC K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oldmanified thats pretty funny. i wana see the silver mess too.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was able to swing by and get some more pics. By popular demand, the silver mess:
You must be registered for see images attach

And some other stuff I have to fix...

He had the front bumper valance covered in yellow lights as well. The Back Rack is getting removed and sold, not the biggest fan of the tail lights but I might try to paint them transparent red and see how they come out. I have another hood, fenders, front bumper, and tailgate to put on and an unmolested GMC grille comes with the truck. My dad wants me to put a Chevy grille on it to match the wheels but I'm leaning more towards an 88-93 GMC grille.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got this truck home in my own yard. Still won't start, not quite sure why. But, easier to figure it out with my own tools. I started to get the truck looking decent and so far have removed the back rack and scraping off the window stickers. Need to get a new blade in my scraper to keep going. I yanked out the box liner and was pleasantly surprised to find the box near-mint underneath.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That engine compartment is :puke: I wonder why the PO did that? :nono: and get some stock looking LED tails.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That engine compartment is :puke: I wonder why the PO did that? :nono: and get some stock looking LED tails.

Easier to find leaks? :confused:

What exactly is it doing when you say it won't start. Is it turning over at all?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
i cant help but laugh seeing all the stickers and silver paint. my 94 had a bunch of stickers i hated. before we even pulled it off the trailer i was getting them off haha. but anyways looks like a decent truck to toy with.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
they could've atleast done a better job with the paint lol. What are you doing about the grab handles on the extended cab portion?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That underhood is a mess! I can't understand why anyone would do that. Try power washing the engine bay, hopefully most will flake off.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bluex: I've tried three starters on the truck so far and the best I managed to get was the engine turning over but not catching. Was getting lots of fuel but no spark, it seems. But, either the battery died (it was wired for two, still trying to figure out that mess) or the starter solenoid burned out again as it only clicks right now.

95C1500: I'm getting a stock set of tails from my dad for now, plan to get new replacements from Rock Auto soon, LEDs eventually. :) The grab handles will be coming off as soon as I get some paint mixed to match. Hoping to be able to just spray the upper ext cab portion.

twomanymontes: The guy I bought the truck from is a really odd guy; really likes his silver paint. He replaced this truck with a Dakota of some year; he's already painted the entire rear bumper silver and has covered the blue truck with red pinstripes everywhere. I plan to power wash the engine bay eventually, but getting it running is the priority right now!