1998 7.4 vortec in a 1961 Ford Body With a chevy blazer Frame.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How do I go about getting it tuned out and I don't have a place to check the codes I wish I did lol
You'll want to have the ODB2 port in place and functional for other diagnostic purposes in the future. I always have to wonder about the thought process behind putting an EFI engine swap into an older vehicle but omitting the diag port. I've seen several examples of this. You're gonna need it every now and then to keep the vehicle running correctly.

As far as tuning it out you'll need an aftermarket tuning service to remove Passlock antitheft from the PCM. Not a whole lot of tuners work with the old "black box" PCM's like your 1998 donor truck had, so you'll need to shop around. I think Blackbear still does them.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is a relay 4 or 5" from the pcm. What does that go to?
No telling. Did you do this swap or did you buy the truck this way? Who deleted the OBD2 connector? I would strongly recommend looking up the 1998 factory service manual (there's links here on the site) and you should be able to determine from the wiring diagrams where the OBD2 connector used to be and how to wire one in so you can determine what's going on.

Richard

Badfish510

Reaction score
No telling. Did you do this swap or did you buy the truck this way? Who deleted the OBD2 connector? I would strongly recommend looking up the 1998 factory service manual (there's links here on the site) and you should be able to determine from the wiring diagrams where the OBD2 connector used to be and how to wire one in so you can determine what's going on.

Richard
I don't have any of the interior wiring just the firewall bulk head that plugs into the firewall connector