1998 6.5 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i agree.. forgot to add thats after an hour drive home, sat in an insulated garage all night then went to crank and slow crank, going to canadian tire later today to have them load tested. then probably go get re conditioned batteries, guy around here sells them for 35 bucks with a 1 year exchange..

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet. Pull and Pay here sells them for around $40, they're redone up in Denver.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Part #78-2 is what most of these trucks take for batteries.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but how do they recondition a battery???

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
load test came back marginal... think ill try and thaw out the batteries a bit more.. was just sittingoutside in -20C at night temps for over a week, and trickle charge them till they are full voltage and see what happens. now to do the rear output seal on the trans and the output seal on the t case and the driveshaft carrier bearing.... why cant i be off work like everyone else haha....

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what leak would this be now? coolant obviously, at fronnt pass side looks like a sensor above it? are these just coolant lines that could be cracked or degrading? seem to go to the back of the engine..... i really need to stop digging around. tried to upgrade the alternator battery cable and the nut is seized on the bolt for the alternator and seems like its stiripped inside... and also found some turbo shaft play.... ugh....

You must be registered for see images attach

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
reconditioned batteries are in, and i was able to get 7/8 glow plugs changed. cant get access to the 7th one, wheel well liner bolt is stipped so ill either have to angle grind it off or weld on a smaller nut? not sure. anyone know of a trick to get it from the top? i tried but i had to caller quits for the day. starting is unbelieveably better with the batteries though, see how it starts in the morning with the new plugs. i found about 4 that werent working at all so im guessing ill notice a big difference.