1998 6.5 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont mind my almost pegged out trans temp gauge....... after a long haul at 40mph its finally at the shop and will be done later this week

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The paint on the transmission really pops! Engine is next. :deal: lol

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The paint on the transmission really pops! Engine is next. :deal: lol

haha maybe some nice valve covers and get a quadstar pleum and stuff thatll dress it up. i am for sure not about to take out this engine haha i am a gas guy diesel is a new world to me, engines allready a 94 block with headgaskets/studs done prior

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 things have come up so far.... needed a new converter shaft seal for the used trans and apparently the carrier bearing its shot as well

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
2 things have come up so far.... needed a new converter shaft seal for the used trans and apparently the carrier bearing its shot as well

I just got mine out tonight, making a honey do list of all the other since I'm in here crap to fix.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got mine out tonight, making a honey do list of all the other since I'm in here crap to fix.

haha I hate those lists... but at least I’ve got a buddy who’s letting me know what he finds instead of just doing the job and not paying attention to anything else

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So weird thing... trans is basically installed. The new one has the top 12 o clock bolt hole... old one doesn’t... both are from a 6.5 and both are 98s

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
7th hole was an LSism. Later trannies got them. If it came off a diesel you should be good.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
swap is almost done.. buddy said it needs a new driveshaft carrier bearing, tcase output shaft, and the neutral saftey switch is cracked on both the old and new one.... wonder if thats been my issue the whole damn time.... guess we will find out shortly. pan off the new trans and it looked really clean so thats a bonus. when its back im going to do a larger battery cable upgrade, allready has one done but they are grounded to the block on both batteries, want to put on on the frame as well.. and convert everything to top post