1996, 1997, or 1998 chevy/gmc parts truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it, I am basically looking for a pickup with a blown up motor or a burnt up transmission. Something that the rest of the drivetrain is still usable. (Not totaled or wrecked)

1. Prefer a color other than white.
2. Prefer something other than a standard cab-short bed.
3. Don't care if it is a 1500 or a 2500 as long as it's a gas truck with a 5.7 liter or a 5.0 liter (350 or 305).
4. Automatic or Manual transmission, doesn't matter.
5. Would like under 150,000 miles, but doesn't have to be.
6. Rust Free
7. 4x4

Somewhere around the Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, or North Carolina areas only please. I know I am probably asking a lot but I need something to swap the running gear from my truck into.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The frame will rust in half sometime in the next 4-5 years, and the body really isn't worth saving. But it has a low mileage motor, transmission, and drive train, and I have too much tied up in it to just junk it or part it out. I won't sell it to anyone with the frame rusting as it is. It is safe for the time being, I just basically need a body and frame.