1995 k3500 Suburban X Sheriffs Truck LIFTED ON 35'S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5yrs ago i purchased this truck from a tn sheriffs office. they custom ordered it for rural applications. it is a factory 1ton 4x4 454 tbi 4l80e g80 truck. last yr i rebuilt the 454; vat steamed the block, new freeze plugs, new cam bearings, bored .030 over. new probe forged pistons, total seal rings, rebuilt stock rods with arp bolts, crank was magnafluxed/checked and miced out so reused. 4bolt main block new arp main bolts, heads were rebuilt with new guides, new hardened seats, stainless steel valves, new springs, new retainers, new locks. flycut heads so compression is now 9:1 instead of 7.8:1. mild cam .490lift. new edlebrock aluminum tbi bbc intake, new 54mm tbi upgrade, power/towing chip installed. 1 month later installed roller rockers. k&n air filter, true 3" flowmaster stainless steel duals. copper head gaskets, copper exhaust manifold gaskets. i rebuilt the 4l80e with a stage2 kevlar tow kit. the g80 14 bolt ff gt4 4.10 rear axle was rebuilt when i did the disc brake conversion. i put a 3" lift and bfg km2 kevlar 35's on it. next will be a 12000lb winch, safari rack with hi lift jack and a safari snorkle. will be doing real world river crossings in the truck as i also live in a rural area and plan to use the truck as a family trail rig.
truck was very well maintained by sheriffs dept. with that said im still planning on all new balljoints, tierods, poly bushing kit, and f/r bearings. just as piece of mind items.
final item will be a np205 conversion.

Attachments

• BURBBLACKIE2.JPG
    BURBBLACKIE2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forgot to mention it has true duals with flowmasters and no cats. i was told since its a 1ton it doesnt require cats. seems to run great so i wont question it... lol.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is the rear disc brake conversion i built and used on the truck.

Attachments

• 14boltbrakekit.JPG
    14boltbrakekit.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 57

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also have done 1.7 roller rockers, towing chip, and i use all royal purple fluids in the truck

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
refurbishing on the valve covers. left is how it started, right is cleaned, walnut blasted, and hi temp ceramic painted.

Attachments

• bbcvcovers.JPG
    bbcvcovers.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 43