1995 chevy k2500 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BayDog

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm new here, I tried posting at gm fullsize and got some good info, and good searching, but my post dies pretty quick.

So Ive got my truck in my Sig. It needs some wiring work for it to run, but otherwise is in decent condition.

So I need some advice on gears and tires. I've got a wish list, but I need to see how much the needed stuff is gunna cost before I go crazy with cash.
NEEDED
1) fix glowplug wiring
2) new batteries
3) maintenance, trans. Difs., Radiator, engine.
4) new cb axles
5) pmd relocate
6) engine and trans guages.
7) tires

IF I HAVE ENOUGH $
8) snorkel
9) Detroit locker in rear
10) 4.56 gears
11) winch

Also the tire size I can fit without rubbing is going to determine weather I do the gears and locker.
Id really like to stuff some big tires, and do the gears, but if I have to stick with the 315s ill stick with current gears and rear.

I'm going to use the truck for getting to the woods, and getting through the woods, so id like to go with an aggresive mud tire, nitto mud graps, or swampers, or something...

Shoot me any advice you guys have, ill try to post some pics of the truck, thanks
Dylan

BayDog

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Not a bad looking truck. Not too big on the visor or the roof spoiler or whatever it's called. Plans look alright other than the snorkel.

BayDog

Reaction score
Well the one of the places I plan to hunt is a management area called corbett, and its got a lot of sandy bottom, but a lot of water in the rainy season, and I want to be safe incase the hood unexpectedly drops under water. That is last on my list...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking truck, not big on the roof spoiler, I love visors too but not that style, those small curvy ones. I notice you have alot of lund stuff, almost everyone on the net hates that stuff and bashes the crap out of it so get ready. Around here tons of guys want that stuff. I aint big on wiper cowls but my buddy is and yours looks good, like the stick on scoops too, my old man has em on his 84.

Looks like except for the front end being cut you have alot of clearance for them tires, most hae issues clearing them 35's with a body lift only.

If you had wheels with less offset or more backspace I bet you could fit taller tires, or run skinnier ones that'd let you go taller, but then wheeling comes into play and might not have enough clearance for wheeling.

BayDog

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the truck last year as is, so people can bash the lund stuff all they want, I didn't put it on there.

So without a susp. Lift I should just stick with the same tires? I don't want to crank the tbs.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they may already be cranked. I would say without more lift if you want clearance stick with what you got if you go wheeling. If it's a mall crawler then stuff it bigger.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lose the front window visor, rear window visor, hood scoop, and suicide door window louvers looks retarded and its an easy fix.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why come in here bashing? if you got nothing good to say then don't say it. Or at least learn from the rest of us and be nice and give suggestions, not just ohhh that's gay or it's so retarded.