1995-'98 Front RH A-Pillar Handle Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pukstopr1

Reaction score
I am looking for the metal mount that is welded to the A-Pillar on a 95-98 truck that the grab handle bolts into through the plastic A-Pillar trim. Does anyone have one from a wreck that they will sell? Or where to possibly find one?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Go to the boneyard with a battery Sawzall and get one. The windshield is in the way of drilling out two of the welds, so what I've found easiest is to chop that section of the A-pillar out of the cab, then drill the welds out on a drill press. Cake. Before chopping be sure to make a template using the trim locator holes in the pillar so you get it positioned correctly on your truck before welding it in. And of course, cover up your dash, seat, mask the windshield, etc. so you don't get weld spatter damaging anything.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah I think a LOT of us would! I do not understand why GM didn't see fit to put some sort of grab handles (at least one!) on the driver's side, to help with entry. My crew cab is stock height,with step loops, but it's still hard for Mom to get in it as she's 5'4"....
And using the steering wheel and column for a handhold is not a great idea....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It sure would be neat, but does anyone know if it's even feasible, that they could make one for the drivers side? Because if they did I sure would buy one!
No reason you couldn't adapt the parts from passenger side to driver side. The only catch is the A-pillar trim plastic has slightly raised areas around the holes for the handle so that it has a nice flush appearance when installed. You'd have to cut holes in your driver side trim plastic and you'd see where the handle doesn't fit as nicely against it.

I wonder if any of the RHD models - Australia for example - have a grab handle on the other side? I'd guess the "Holden" GMT400's were made factory RHD instead of being converted U.S. models, but I really don't know.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No reason you couldn't adapt the parts from passenger side to driver side. The only catch is the A-pillar trim plastic has slightly raised areas around the holes for the handle so that it has a nice flush appearance when installed. You'd have to cut holes in your driver side trim plastic and you'd see where the handle doesn't fit as nicely against it.

I wonder if any of the RHD models - Australia for example - have a grab handle on the other side? I'd guess the "Holden" GMT400's were made factory RHD instead of being converted U.S. models, but I really don't know.

Richard
From what I have seen, they did have a left side grab handle (since that's the "passenger side" down under). Those pieces need to be reproduced....

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't realize there were other people interested in a LH handle. I saved the one from a parts truck, and was going to put it on the LH side to help pull me up. I bet a couple 3D printed bezels would hide any gap, though not on my important list, also didn't even cross my mind to think about Aussie trucks being backwards, lol.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I recall the HD trucks had the handles on the outside mounted to the B pillar on 2door cabs. Not sure about the Crew cab HDs like Kodiak/ Topkick
When you say HD trucks you don't mean the 3500HD's.. they didn't have any extra handles unless someone put aftermarket pieces on them.

And, the subject would be interior A-pillar grab handles, like the passenger side grab handle on the 1995-up A-pillar.

Richard