1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
This afternoon’s project:

Changing the door pins and bushings on the driver door, AGAIN! I used the Dorman pins about 4 weeks ago and of course the bushings crumbled to bits.

I ordered the GM greasable pins and brass bushings as a replacement. The brass bushings went in fine. The lower hinge small bushing wanted to test me. Then came the pins. The pins are two pieces (4 total for both hinges) and go in separately in each hinge and screw together in the middle once inserted. Sounds simple. Let’s just say I had a real go at it trying to get the pins and the holes in the hinge to line up separately. :mad: I got frustrated and just put the Dorman pins back in. I may try to reinstall the GM pins later. If not, I guess I paid $90+ for some brass bushings.

PS: This was before I saw the ad a week or so ago from the machine shop that sold just the brass bushings. :33:

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
As a teacher, I long for the great lyrical poet Alice Cooper’s song, “School’s Out for Summer.” Well, it’s officially begun.

AND

Retrosound Santa Cruz M4 receiver, Retrosound in-line Amp, replacement Infinity speakers all the way around ordered today, and I already had a Bazooka Bass Tube for under the back seat. Progress to follow in the next week or so.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Started stereo install today. Replaced all four factory speakers with Infinity Reference speakers. Fixed powered Bazooka tube under back seat. Tomorrow will be Retrosound receiver and Quadraphonic in-line amp. I’ll use the amp settings to filter bass (high pass) from the speakers and the Bazooka will provide the bass. Those back trim pieces were no joke ! :mad: