1993 Yukon rear swap compatibility..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DBOOGEYSUGAR

Reaction score
Hey so I have a 1993 Yukon an would like you guys help understanding the best option for a rebuild.. when I get off the gas the rear gears make noise.. it’s been difficult trying to find replacement parts.
Would it be easier to find a compatible rear end. Or easier to rebuild.. please recommend where I can get parts besides the junkyard.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do a rear diff rebuild. A junkyard unless your gonna rebuild it could be just as bad.
And you have confirmation that is the rear diff, not u joints or an axle bearing?
Have serviced rear diff lube lately or at all?

2DBOOGEYSUGAR

Reaction score
I would do a rear diff rebuild. A junkyard unless your gonna rebuild it could be just as bad.
And you have confirmation that is the rear diff, not u joints or an axle bearing?
Have serviced rear diff lube lately or at all?
I first began replacing the seal a fluid. That’s when I found out I had a yoke leak but it’s not leaking crazy just small drips.. it’s still making noise when I get off the accelerator. Thanks though I’ll double check those of their suggestions an come back. It’s been hard trying to find a replacement that’s why I was wondering if it would be easier to throw a compatible part in there.