1993 tbi issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had my blazer for over a year now and just recently I've started to get a surging at idle and I've been getting a bog/break up while accelerating or climbing hills. Any body know what this could be?

dgumoe

Reaction score
How much gas is in the tank when it does this? My truck is awful once it gets around a 1/4 tank. it will hunt for an idle like a blown alky motor. Also it will die on acceleration or while turning. Gas sloshing is my problem. Its got a new pump and screen so i know its not that. Ive just learned to live with it.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
If it were my truck since you are just going off what the PO told you I would start by removing the TBI and cleaning it out really really well and get a new gasket kit and rebuild it. Its straight forward and simple trust me. Also get rubber hoses and replace you vacuum lines. I would put my money on this fixing it and restoring some lost performance.