1993 Chevy 2500 (First truck advice)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Head gasket?! PASS... run, do not walk away. Depending on how long it was run in that condition and how much coolant entered the crankcase, the bearings in the bottom end could be toast. It would really suck to change out the head gaskets and end up spinning a bearing a day or two later.

As far as MPG, it depends on your driving style, how far you are driving, city or highway, tire inflation, alignment, etc, etc... but anywhere from 5-15 US MPG is a guess.

What should you offer, I would not offer a dime, sounds like someone is trying to pawn off his old used garbage on someone else. FWIW, that truck would be worth about $ 250 in scrap value at the most with issues like that.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I called it.... Like said keep looking where are you from we have multiple members here that cruise craigslist daily perhaps they could help point you in a better direction.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are dead set on this body style then get one, a different one. Then come offer this guy some cash and use this one for parts, take what you need and sell the rest or scrap it. Find someone who owns that body style truck and take him with you to check it out. Lunch beer or gas money is money well spent when it can save you hundreds of dollars on the price of a truck if he finds something you might overlook.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its just a heavy half ton, its six lug. it should have a sf 14 bolt and th400s were done in 90 so its either a 700 or 4l80e, but being a ld 2500 I would guess a 700. I would pass with the work it needs and find a real 2500 or 3500. I wouldn't give more than 500 as it sits.