1992 TBi GMC K2500 pickup MAP sensor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a '92 pickup with a 350 TBi. fresh motor with edelbrock performer intake and edelbrock performer cam installed. even on the old motor with edelbrock intake it runs great hardly any throttle needed to drive around plenty of power. when i stomp on it or put a load on the engine (driving uphill) it runs like a ***** ape but once i hit middle of second gear or sometimes bottom of third theres a little hesitation then the motor loses power and is doggish. Theres more manifold vacuum with intake and cam so would i need a different MAP sensor? all help is appreciated

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only time that I have seen the need for a different map sensor on one of these truck is when you have a cam that creates less vacume than original not more, there used to be an udjustable MAP sensor available but I don't know if it's still being made or not.