1991 C1500 engine swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thats the fitting for the heater hose tube right?

Take a hack saw blade and make 3 cuts, at 12 o'clock, 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock. Stop before you contact the threads. Then take a screwdriver and tap a section inward, it will fall in. Pick it out and then knock the other 2 section loose. Install the new fitting with teflon tape on the threads.

hope this helps.

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Yea thanks guys. What i did was just use a hex socket and forced it in with a mallet. Then just used a breaker bar with a pipe and it came out easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumblebee10

Reaction score
I didn't want to bother with the other intake due to the fact that I had already replaced the intake manifold gaskets.

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Another question...why don't my exhaust manifolds off my 91 fit on this 94? The 94's don't have a fitting for an O2 sensor.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
94 should have fitting on driver side, thought everything pre 95 did right?
even the headers I got off ebay had the fitting, just plugged it for mine
what do you mean they don't fit?
i think there were things that held the spark plug wire out of the way or something i had to remove because my headers went over top of them

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Like the holes for the bolts wouldn't all line up. They look pretty much the same except that the old ones had the fitting for the o2. I got them to fit by putting on one bolt on each end and pretty much just forcing them. I put on gaskets too. Right now I'm having trouble pressing the power steering pulley but I got the right tools but I'm still having trouble.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the holes for the bolts wouldn't all line up. They look pretty much the same except that the old ones had the fitting for the o2. I got them to fit by putting on one bolt on each end and pretty much just forcing them. I put on gaskets too. Right now I'm having trouble pressing the power steering pulley but I got the right tools but I'm still having trouble.

They will fit but there is a tool for the exhaust manifold to spread the ends so the holes line up. Also in 94 the o2 sensor is in the pipe before the cat converter

rumblebee10

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen that tool you mentioned 1997chevydriver. But now my problem is the Power steering pump pulley that is going in crooked.

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Yea I finically got it on. The pulley had some gunk on it.