1990 Z71 intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greetings. been browsing GMT400 for a few months now and the info has been great as I'm cleaning up my '90 Z71. I've had this truck since 1993. It was my daily driver through 1997 when I went full-on Dodge and It shacked up at my parents garage in Texas from 1997 - 2010. I moved it back to California for my son to drive. He wasnt too keen on it, but I sure fell in love with it all over again. So he got a used Hyundai, and I got the Z (believe I came out ahead in that deal). Paint is new, but the truck is stock. Never had a lift kit or oversize tires on it. Never used for towing or hauling more than furniture or an occasional fridge. Lots of small repairs in the last 5 years (fuel pump, IAC, new A/C and conversion to r134 etc), but has the original 4L60 and 350 TBI with 154,000 miles. the latest task I completed is a new front end: rebuilt 8.25" IFS from Proven Force, new L/R drive shafts, U/L Ball joints, Lower control arm bushings, and all new steering components.

Goal with the truck is to keep it running reliably and looking good in as close to stock condition as possible. Next job I tackle will be the interior: carpet, seats, door panels...the originals arent too bad, but could use some TLC and the low buckets are not (and have never been) comfortable.

thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice clean truck!
Sat for 13 years? Now I don't feel so bad that my '98's been sitting for just over 5 years!