1990 454ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow ss

Reaction score
Dang! Id like to get some boss 338 for it just cant decide on what size

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's what's on my black '98. 20"X8.5" & 20"X10". 255-45's & 295-40's. They have the same sidewall height. Toyo Proxes II. The only Co. that makes these sizes with a matching tread design. They don't work very well when cold, but once they're warmed up, they work very well.
Local dealers wanted almost $3800.00 for that set-up. I got mine from 'Steve's Discount Wheels" (also does biz as 'SD Wheels')
Mounted, balanced, & delivered to my door in about a week! All the way from Chicago, to the west coast of Canada! Including shipping, & all border fees, they cost me $1800.00! Had a bit of a border clearance prob. which Steve himself went out of his way to clear up. The best deal I found, after looking for almost 2 years.

slow ss

Reaction score
Did you have any fitment issues with them? Did you get 14mm offset and 20mm offset for back?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I told SD what I had, what had been done, (4/7 drop, Belltech spindles & springs) & he handled all the rest. Only thing that I know for sure is that they are 5X5! Lol! As far as offsets? Duuuhhh! Doh!
But the fit is perfect. The truck already had the fender lips rolled fr. & rr.
I could of gone to a 305/40 in the rear, but they would probably need a different offset. If I used the wheels that I have now with the 305's, there might have been some issues with inner fenderwell or suspension clearances.
My blue '97 actually had more probs with rubbing on a 2/4 drop, BT spindles, & 275/60-15's, on SS wheels!

Oh, & that price I quoted also included the new chrome wheel nuts & locks.