1989 Silverado c1500 350 Fuse Box Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Okay so I was looking under the dash at the mess of electrical wiring issues & I noticed I didn't have the two power fuses plugged in, also I can't plug any in because the copper connectors are missing. Do I need to replace the whole box or can i buy the connectors that go in the fuse holes? Can anyone start me down the right road to fixing that?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reason it is like that, is because it is for an option that you do not have. Mine has blank places with labels too, but no copper connectors inside. As long as everything is working, there is nothing that need to be done to the fuse box. When they built these fuse boxes, they had a place for every option because they didnt know what truck, tahoe, burb, it was going in.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What options are those for? I'll admit, my truck didn't have them but did have the connectors so I stole some from a treasure yard & plugged 'em in. Didn't notice a single difference though.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Power locks and windows. Those spots are actually for circuit breakers. You can get the terminals on Mouser, but I forgot what they're called. . . Or you can go pull a box and wiring harness from a truck that had power options, switch out the wiring you're missing.