1989 C1500 instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR. WHEELS

Reaction score
I am buying a 1989 Silverado in July & I was wondering if the factory instrument cluster can be swapped.. I just hate the looks of that one, the roll up column thing with the white bar behind it, ugh. Just a needle would be great. The instrument cluster for the 1991 Silverado is ideal if they can just be swapped out. Also, I would like a good place to get a different style seat. a 60/40 with a fold down console with cup holders or 2 bucket seats with cupholders inthe center.. Thanks!!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
First off, welcome! second about the cluster, I'm not sure if it will work (not my area of expertise) but plenty of people install escalade clusters. about the bench, craigslist and junkyards are your friends.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I havn't followed the escalade swap because it never interested me but I think it should be. You could check with Vortec Lover. I think he has done it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
1989 won't fit an Escalade cluster. Totally different. If you want a 95+ style gauge cluster, you need to swap in the 95+ dash assembly and harness.

Some of the 91 needle clusters can be swapped in for the "Moonies", but they are very, very rare and near impossible to find. You may get lucky though. You will have to recalibrate the speedometer unless you get super lucky and find a 91 cluster that already matches your tire size and rear end ratio. Best go buy a lotto ticket that day too if you find one.....:)

You can swap in needle clusters from 91 1/2 to 94 but it involves a bit of work. They are much easier to find though since they were made for 4 years vice a half year for the special 91 cluster. I swapped a 93 set into my 89:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a good how to on FSC: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...h-articles/69806-update-94-gauges-w-tach.html

Last edited:

MR. WHEELS

Reaction score
so if I swap the dash (which I'll prolly do, to a '97), will I haveto re-wire everything or just the instrument cluster wiring harness?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
so if I swap the dash (which I'll prolly do, to a '97), will I haveto re-wire everything or just the instrument cluster wiring harness?

Lots of dash swap threads and how to's out on the net also. Google will turn them up.

Way too much to go into here....