1988 Stepside-Soon to be Fleetside SWB in Australia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie_Chevy

Reaction score
This truck was exported 2014 from San Francisco to Melbourne Australia, It is a 350, auto, basically stock nice sounding exhaust, Needs body/paint-no issue for me as I do this for my job.
Main thing-No Rust or excessive bondo use.

The truck is not fantastic at the moment but in the near future once I clear my other projects will come up awesome.

I want to add a few changes, cowl hood, upgrade grille billet look, composite headlights clear side lamp/reflector, get rid of the elephant ears-side mirrors, Paint it straight red tint-really bright, Get rid of the stepside bed, no really useful for me & I like fleetside look better anyway And just purchased a good Fleetside bed locally, Change wheels to a American Racing-Coys what ever, rollpan fleetside bed, lower it down.

This truck will remain Left Hand Drive lucky because it's a 88- If it were say a 97 the truck would need the steering wheel converted to Right hand drive-Due to our Countries backwards ideas after 1989 every thing must be RHD.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I love watching the Australian build threads. You guys down south really have a strong work ethic and attention to detail when it comes to American car/truck builds.

I'm sure this build will be a hoot too.

Aussie_Chevy

Reaction score
Looks great! I really want a kangaroo

Why do you want one of those Stupid Animals They are in plague proportions now-No joke when you get off at Melbourne airport you will see them grazing on grass in the paddocks. We have them around the Suburbs these days as housing expands into regional areas.

They are dangerous, will kick the Crap out of you, And I see a lot of damage they cause to cars, trucks etc when they are hit-It ain't Pretty.

I'd compare them to Deer.

Aussie_Chevy

Reaction score
I love watching the Australian build threads. You guys down south really have a strong work ethic and attention to detail when it comes to American car/truck builds.

I'm sure this build will be a hoot too.

Yeah us Aussies love American cars, You'd be surprised on how big the U.S car scene is here, There are a lot of Rare -Big Dollar cars here that would be better off exporting back to United States and running through Auction houses.:)

Some guys are over the top on builds too.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Why do you want one of those Stupid Animals They are in plague proportions now-No joke when you get off at Melbourne airport you will see them grazing on grass in the paddocks. We have them around the Suburbs these days as housing expands into regional areas.

They are dangerous, will kick the Crap out of you, And I see a lot of damage they cause to cars, trucks etc when they are hit-It ain't Pretty.

I'd compare them to Deer.
Any way to ship one to the US? I've wanted one for a very lung time they are just so cool

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Looks good! I'd trade you headlights if the shipping wasn't going to take a long time and probably be super expensive. Can't wait to see your progress

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8