1988 Factory Bucket Seats & Console Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know how rare an option, code A50, is on a short bed regular cab 1988 Chevrolet Silverado?
You must be registered for see images attach

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know how rare an option, code A50, is on a short bed regular cab 1988 Chevrolet Silverado?
There’s only 2 mentions of buckets in my 88 brochure. Nothing about a center console. Notice the vinyl buckets in the extended cab without a console.

Your seats are pretty rare. Took me over a year to find a clean blue bench 88-89 style.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

There’s only 2 mentions of buckets in my 88 brochure. Nothing about a center console. Notice the vinyl buckets in the extended cab without a console.

Your seats are pretty rare. Took me over a year to find a clean blue bench 88-89 style.

Thanks for the brochure images and the information. I found the truck's paper build sheet in the glove box and researched the codes. If I remember correctly (I did my research last week), A50 is the code for bucket seats but I don't remember the code for the center console.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the brochure images and the information. I found the truck's paper build sheet in the glove box and researched the codes. If I remember correctly (I did my research last week), A50 is the code for bucket seats but I don't remember the code for the center console.
Yes, A50. I don’t show an RPO for a console.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yes, A50. I don’t show an RPO for a console.

I looked it up and it is RPO "D55". It is listed on my truck's build sheet. See the scan of my build sheet below.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn’t show up on RPO list but there it is in parts catalog. D55

What is the source of information? Is it the truck's shop manual, assembly manual or parts listing book?