1988 c2500 long bed transformation(ish)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,Im new to this forum and I just thought I'd share my Dads pickup that I inherited a couple years ago.My Dad passed away a couple years ago and when I went to his place to get the truck to bring to my place I just kept racking my brain thinking "what the heck am I going to do with a single cab long bed 2wd 88 Chevy pickup???" I figured I'd just "clean it up a little" well,I think my Dad would be proud with what I did with it and how it turned out.Thank you for looking.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also,the shop that painted the truck made a video for me and he uploaded it to YouTube pretty cool!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't dealt with one of those 6 lug 2500s very much. Did you just do spindles/springs/flip to get it lowered down ?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't dealt with one of those 6 lug 2500s very much. Did you just do spindles/springs/flip to get it lowered down ?
They are almost literally a C1500 with a 6 lug pattern instead of 5, and a 9.5" 14 bolt SF out back - and a slightly heavier leaf spring pack. You can drop 'em with the same parts you'd drop a 454SS with (flip kit parts different than a 1500 due to the larger axle tube diameter of the 14 bolt.) Same spindles as a C1500.

Richard

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir,it has DJM upper and lower control arms with lowering springs and a flip kit with a c notch out back and there shocks as well.