1985 Honda VF750F Interceptor "Mad Max"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok...this bike has been mentioned off and on over the past while i have been on here. I bought this bike in 2006 and rode it the rest of the '06 riding season pretty much bone stock. The only performance oriented mods i ever did to it were the kerker mufflers which will be removed and tweeked sometime this fall hopefully.

Here is where i started when i first found it at the now out of business honda dealership.

You must be registered for see images attach

This was taken within the first few days of ownership

First stage of mods: Fender elimination and painted windscreen

Ignore the white 4 door in the background...that was my DD at the time....

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Kinda wish i had left well enough alone at this stage....

But laying it down kinda put a kibosh on that idea....black parts came off of another Interceptor that was painted Yellow....thus why the black paint.

One of the other Interceptors i owned at the time...That bike got the rest of the yellow bikes parts...I once owned 3 of these bikes but only rode the one since by the time i got the other two from spike they werent exactly the most rideable..the yellow/white bike eventually got sold to my buddy joey who then stripped it down to its bare chassis which now sits in my yard with all the bits off of it sitting in boxes in the garage...Since said parts are in much better condition i will be using them to restore Max

Fast forward to about a year and a half ago or so...cant quite remember when i took these pics...it was pre surface mount front signal lights i can tell that much....the front fender was since painted to match the rest of the black body work....it was in this form it earned the nick name "Mad Max" at a bike rally..

and a pic from the event that earned the bike its name....the rider on the yellow kawi is my buddy Joey. That bike got used and abused a bit lol

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
the hell you doin on a dirt track? racing?

Bike rodeo actually....funny enough Max flat out dominated during the outhouse pulls...except for the finals...where the rider in the outhouse suggested taking a virgin line.....yea that didnt work worth a ****...dug in and thats about it!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmm well this is amusing....Did some spec comparisons between the Interceptor and the new CB500X adventure bike and found out the Interceptor stands 10 mm taller then the CB500. So i guess im on the right train of thought with setting it up more as an adventure tourer.....I knew it felt like a big bore dirt bike on gravel roads before...Hell i have ridden it like it was on a few back roads because i had to go over them to get where i wanted to go. Just stand on the pegs on the rougher areas and away i went. I have seen these bikes converted into full out street fighters...and into full out dirt machines. Could be interesting to see what i end up with eventually...