14b, Truetrac Pinion Seal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am currently putting together a 14 bolt 9.5 6 lug with a truetrac for my truck as the 10 bolt is on its way out..anyways I have the basklash, pinion preload, gear pattern looks correct etc.. the entire axle has brand new seals, races and bearings. It is sitting on jackstands with the pinion facing downwards and I put about 1.5 quarts of gear lube in to coat the bearings and it didn't appear to leak at all. but a couple days after I noticed a little puddle on the ground. it appears that its coming out of the O.D. of the seal.. I put grease on the seal that mates to the yolk and some black rtv on the outer lip of the O.D. Am I better off the put a new seal in or could the force of the gear lube on the seal be causing it to leak as the pinion is usually parallel (ish) to the ground and not on jackstands. opinions please before I tear it back apart!