12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my electronic fans to show up and I may wait til I get my toew/haul button pigtail. Other than that I'm ready for it!

Sent while runnin from the Poelice!

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have my new 0411 pcm installed and I am getting the code to run a crank relearn. It seems that no one near me will do it because I have a none stock PCM. I am running out of ideas. Help needed thanks!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
PM sent to ya LexTech. I'm definitely interested in doing the swap, just had some questions to ask first.

And yes, the email notifications have been messed up for a while. Shaggy is aware, just not much that can be done I believe. My tapatalk gives me instant notifications to stuff I am subbed to or participated in.

Dans94Chevy

Reaction score
Airmanskee did you ever end getting the crank relearn done?? I literally just finished my 0411 swap this weekend I was having the same problems you were describing and i did the relearn today and so far so good. Just find someone with a tech 2 or HP tuners to do it. I wouldnt even mention the pcm swap. they dont have to pop the hood. hope it helps

Daniel

anich91

Reaction score
Hi guys im new here on this forum site to be to the point I have a 99 gmc k1500 sierra sle with the 5.7l vortec the old style vortec I have been told this is my first ever chevy/gmc so I have plans to turbo the truck and need to be able to custom tune the truck not. Which leads to my main question which is should I swap my stock computer? I have a local guy trying to sell me a computer for this truck thay will supposidly add 75 hp but the computer he is trying to sell me looks stock? Idk? Any help would be grwatly appreciated

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Hi guys im new here on this forum site to be to the point I have a 99 gmc k1500 sierra sle with the 5.7l vortec the old style vortec I have been told this is my first ever chevy/gmc so I have plans to turbo the truck and need to be able to custom tune the truck not. Which leads to my main question which is should I swap my stock computer? I have a local guy trying to sell me a computer for this truck thay will supposidly add 75 hp but the computer he is trying to sell me looks stock? Idk? Any help would be grwatly appreciated
itll give you 75 extra hp but only if it comes with stickers, just kidding, no computer swap or any of that bs will give you 75 hp, if it looks like the stock black box then tell the guy to stick it where the sun dont shine, this thread is about the newer style computer that comes in gmt800s, still dont expect 75 extra hp but its definitely worth it, even though im selling my gmt400, i still am glad i did the swap

1998burb

Reaction score
Huge props to Lextech! My Burb is up and running with the 411, huge change in drive ability, mpgs are up 2mpgs so far too. I need to get the crank relearn done but so far so good! Only thing I'd add is I didn't set the new PCM in the truck before I started pinning the new connectors. Newbie mistake but I started with the connectors flipped from where they were supposed to be. Wasn't enough slack to just flip them over so I unpinned to get the connectors in the right spot. Blue is on top with the numbers upside down, red is on the bottom with the numbers right side up. Thanks again Jeff awesome tune! I'll let you know how the crank relearn goes. Looking forward to efans next.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cod you please send me a copy of the 0411 PCM Repin instructions for a 1999 5.7L 4L60E suburban please? email is [email protected]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk