12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have missed it but can anyone whos installed the 0411 tell me if it bolts into the stock black box mount or is there another mount or modifications that need to be made.

Also, what is the benefit of deleting the rear O2 and/or EGR? I have a 98 with a fully functioning EVAP system. Engine is stock except for CAI system and catback exhaust with high flow cats. I just need to know if it worth it or not to remove the rear O2 and EGR from the tune. I do not plan on modding this engine (cam,heads etc).

As of right now, I want VATS deleted and alternator codes. a change to the tire size and gear ratio will also be needed. Anything else I should delete or change?

Last edited:

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So there are two different questions.

1. Remove the O2 or EGR CELs from the tune.
2. Physically deleting/removing the rear O2s or EGR.

1. There is no performance benefit to removing the O2 or EGR CEL from the tune other than getting rid of the Check Engine Light.

2. There is no benefit to physically removing the rear O2s other than the tiny reduction in turbulence in the exhaust system. Not enough to make it worth it or call it a mod.

EGR delete? I have heard different things. Some say it's better for performance because you are not recycling any hot exhaust gases back into the engine. Also, EGR delete helps keeps the engine cleaner. Clean intake manifold, cleaner intake runners, cleaner valves, cleaner poppets, cleaner injectors....

On the bad side, people say you loose some fuel economy. Exhaust gases do have some left over fuel in it. Also, higher intake temps are better for fuel economy. Think winter MPGs vs summer MPGs.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I may have missed it but can anyone whos installed the 0411 tell me if it bolts into the stock black box mount or is there another mount or modifications that need to be made.

I was able to snap the bar onto my PCM to hold it in place in the stock location with no modifying, but it isn't easy ;)

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was not able to use the Black Box mount.
If I remember right the one I used was off a blazer and I made mounts to bolt it down.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I put my box in yesterday, but I have not fully wired it in yet. I only had to trim some of the heat sink from the firewall-side of the box, and then cut reliefs for the screw heads on the bottom of the box into the mount. Mine pops right in now, but is pretty difficult to remove as the casing is thicker on the 0411. I may trim that down too, but I doubt I'll be popping the computer in and out.

I don't have much left to do. I have to flip my connectors over for the proper orientation (DOH!), wire up my EGR, do my C4-3/4 splice, and then figure out where my mystery wire came from. I had it labeled as C2-1 and "not used", but I'm certain he came from C4-1 and accidentally left him out. Going to look in my factory manual to confirm before I plug him in. Yesterday ended up being a long day under the hood due to showing up to the truck and it had a dead battery.

Edit: Got my wiring figured out and fired it up for the first time last night. So far just one code, P0300, which is probably from the initial startup of the engine. It does drive a bit different which will take some getting used to, and oddly enough it is SUPER quiet compared to before. It also idles much more smoothly.

Happy with it so far. Tow/haul mode will be hooked up later this week.

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for those that have spliced the 4 transmission range switch signal wires into the back of the cluster.

Are all of the 96-00 Vortec connectors on the back of the cluster the same?? Mainly pertaining to the trans wires I need to splice into? Im looking for PINs 9,10,11 and 12.

Also, how far can I pull out that connector from the dash itself so I can solder?