12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97ChevyZ71

Reaction score
I got your PM 2 wks ago. I deleted it. You need to learn a bit of courtesy. You gave me no Please, no Thank You, no Name.
You didn't even tell what year your truck is. I assume 97.
The entirety of your PM was your e-mail address.

Jeff

Didnt know u wanted me to tell u my whole life story. All u asked for in the very 1st post was an email. U want my social security number and credit cards to? Didnt have to be an dic.k about it. O and i did give a thank you in the last one.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didnt know u wanted me to tell u my whole life story. All u asked for in the very 1st post was an email. U want my social security number and credit cards to? Didnt have to be an dic.k about it. O and i did give a thank you in the last one.

That's a nice way to ask........

Thanks for everything Lextech!
I have been running the 0411 PCM for a few months now. Tuned by a local shop with HPTuners. Just passed Texas state inspection with EGR delete and 2bar speed density tune.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any major benefits to this mod for a stock engine past what the black box can do? I don't plan on doing nitrous or boost, the most I'm probably going to do is a cam.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

When I did my swap my engine was basically stock. Didn't even have headers at the time. I was even sucking in hot engine compartment air. After the swap the very first thing I noticed was how smooth the idle was. The throttle response was noticeably better also. And I picked up 1.8 mpg. It will pay itself off.

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My PCM is sitting on the bench just begging me to install it. I'll do it as soon as I go over the details pertaining to the swap......and some nice weather.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
How much was the tune, and did you have to get it retuned after you made sure it started up?

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove mine for a couple months before getting it tuned. Lextech's base tune was very good for my basically stock motor. After I got my volant intake and Doug Thorleys I took it to Bobby at Clear Lake Speed to have him work his magic. His tuning is a little pricier than some, but he is one of the best I have ever seen. But I would say depending on who does your tune your looking at anywhere from $150 to $400.

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Since I live in the middle of nowhere I'd pretty much have to use lextech's base tune, mail it somewhere, or buy software and learn to do it myself. How was overall power? Did you tow anything with the base tune that was noticeably different from the black box?

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I live in the middle of nowhere I'd pretty much have to use lextech's base tune, mail it somewhere, or buy software and learn to do it myself. How was overall power? Did you tow anything with the base tune that was noticeably different from the black box?

Sorry for the late response. Busy busy time of year.

It may seem like an unnecessary modification if you're not going to dig into the motor, run boost, or spray. BUT, if you can find somebody good to fine tune your truck, then it will be worth the money and time to do the swap. It felt like I picked up power with Lextech's base tune. It may have felt that way because the engine just ran smoother. But I did pick up mpg, and definitely picked up hp and more mpg after Bobby fine tuned it.

98-Z71

Reaction score
Dumb question...I haven't got a switch set up yet to ground the pin for the Tow/Haul, until then I just have to ground an underhood wire to initiate. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it today but I couldn't get it to activate. Just how long is a "momentary" ground? I was trying to ground it real quick, like a split second. Is that normally enough time or should I ground for a full second or so? I'm gonna try some more tomorrow, just figured I'd ask while I had some down time. Thanks.