10k off-road light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon mafia

Reaction score
I searched through a few threads, hoping to find out some information on this topic. unfortunately I didn't turn up much. I know KC,PIAA,WARN and others make HID off-road lights. But I can never find one that makes a 6k or up. I have 10k lows, and 6k hi and would like a matching pair of off-road lights for each.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but maybe it should tell you something about the efficiency and light quality of 10k HID's if reputable light manufacturers won't even make them.

At that point in the temperature scale, your light is so blue, it is darker, and less efficient than OEM temperature HID's (usually between 4500 and 6000k).

Take a look at this article. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

If I were you, I'd swap out those 10,000k's in your truck before it becomes a problem for you or other drivers. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but in all reality, HID's that high on the temperature scale are only for show and have no place in a vehicle system concerned with safety, like headlights. Go ahead and put them in your off-road lights if you want, but they won't be really doing you any good for lighting up the area when you're driving.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
They don't make them that blue/purple for a reason.

You can't see anything with 10k.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But dont you guys know that the higher the number on your HIDs the more horsepower your truck has? All the cool kids have them. And they have kewl paint jobs to go with their purple and green headlights.

((But seriously, there's a reason a lot of the cars I've seen with blue HIDs look terrible. The high temp HIDs are bad for your eyes and thus they've blinded themselves into thinking they have cool paint jobs.))

yukon mafia

Reaction score
Well I can't believe it's been a month since I posted that. this time last year I had my 10k hid lows installed! it blew Sylvania silverstars out of the water! I could see way better than I could before. But as time went on and my Hi beams pointed up into the trees. I realized I wanted more light when on back roads. so I mounted two KC Apollo series to my bumper and problem solved. The only time I couldn't see to drive with my 10k was when it was raining. Last week I noticed my drivers side had faded and ordered a new set of 10k low bulbs. But they messed my order up and sent me a set of 8k lows. I have to say the difference in light output is phenomenal. They are every bit as bright as my KCs are now. didn't know my truck was capable of being so bright. But you are right about them being for show!!! everybody knew it was me coming down the road at night(which I loved) but at the same time everybody has different taste and opinions to. Some people may love straight pipes while others may hate it. it's the same with Hids. Im pleased with the 8k lows and the light output it generates!!! But if it wasn't for my order getting messed up I may have never converted.