10, 11 in. rear wheel cylinder diff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckyB

Reaction score
I had the drivers side rear slave cylinder blow on me. Got the part home and it looked different. the old one just had the dust seals on the inside and the new one had the seals on the outside. There is a stamped piece steal welded on the backing plate that just touched the boot so I did a bit of looking and found out that their are 2 that could fit my truck. It looks like the difference is 1/16" in the bore size. I got 2 of the 1" sizes (as opposed to the 1 1/16 others) just so they would be the same on both sides. Now the more I think of it the more I'm not sure which one I should have gotten. any help would be great. The truck is a '93 suburban 4x4 and the brake drums are the 11" not the 10".

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The brake wheel cylinder size is determined in part by the swept area of the braking material, and the diameter of the drum, in conjunction with the weight of the vehicle to which it is applied, and the master cylinder bore diameter.

To have the brakes operating as they should, you need the correct size to correspond with the rest of the system. According to the Rock Auto website, you should have the 1" bore wheel cylinders with your brake package. The smaller drum brakes get larger 1 3/16" bore wheel cylinders.

ChuckyB

Reaction score
Thank you. That is what I was trying to make sure of. I also replaced the MC. I just reran all the part #'s and they are for my JB6 stock setup. thank you for the extra assurance. I know that it sucks to mess up on the engine or trany, but if ya screw up on the brakes ya might not live to regret it.