1/2 inch 2 terminal coolant temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a edelbrock intake onto my 95 TBI chevy engine. The port on the intake for the coolant sensor is 1/2 inch. The two terminal coolant sensor is 3/8. What part number and where can I get a 1/2 inch 2 terminal chevy coolant sensor. Notice this is NOT the 3/8 in one terminal for the guage on the side of the head!

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try to find a brass 1/2" OD adapter with inside 3/8" threads and use the original sensor you have. Certain auto parts stores or hardware stores should have something that will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am willing to adapt like that but so far have had no luck with finding 1/2 to 3/8 that size. Maybe its the way I am wording it I just keep finding fitting for hoses.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes its the people you have to deal with don't have a clue or don't care about really trying to help in these stores. My local Napa and Ace Hardware have some old school dudes who know how to locate the right parts, the "children" they hire don't have a clue.
I'd take the sensor in with me and tell them "I need this thing to fit in a 1/2" threaded hole, find the brass fitting that will get it done"! Lol!! I'm quite sure what you need is out there, good luck!

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Type this in a google search

Brass Bushing 1/2" Male x 3/8" Female Threaded Brass Reducer

This should be what you need.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: