Wood grain interior kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mimo-0096a1...ake:GMC|Year:1993&hash=item20c55d1e51&vxp=mtr

You can get it in multiple shades of woodgrain, I'd prefer American Rosewood or English Burlwood if I got it myself.

What do you guys think of it in these trucks? On one hand, I like the factory look, but it is really plain. I have seen some aftermarket (likely dealer installed) woodgrain kits on some Suburbans from this era, and some of them compliment the car nicely.

I certainly wouldn't use all the pieces, but some places strategically would jazz it up quite a bit I would think.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
i always wanted to see what these look like installed i preferably like black wood

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I agree with Chris. I hate wood grain.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off, I love how this thread lay dormant for 2 months, only to be revived by the post "Burl wood gives me a chubby."

Secondly, when it comes to adding woodgrain to a vehicle that didn't originally have it, it has to be done properly.

Personally, I would love to cut out the 10-2 section of the steering wheel foam, and the 5-7 section, and add some real wood there. Think that would look real nice.

Then, just a minimal amount added to the dash, on places where one would likely expect it to be, not sticking it on every square inch of interior plastic like so many of these kits.

Like this:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Wood is meant for trees..not cars. Woodgrain says Old Person all over it, looks like in many cars I've looked at. I can't tell you how hard it would be for me to ever find a new truck I liked, I'd have to special order it without the woodgrain.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Imho i like it but as said not to much and it has to be ebony somthing that doesnt pop

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2