97 4L60E ~ 213K Miles: Sudden P1870, Harsh shift from 1-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
I didn't read this thread since ordering used valve body and I can't return it, bummer I can't try that repair kit that doesn't involve removal of valve body :/

But yeah, I'm going to try ot change VB and see what happens. If mess it up, oh well, the VB was cheap and I can just try again.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't read this thread since ordering used valve body and I can't return it, bummer I can't try that repair kit that doesn't involve removal of valve body :/

But yeah, I'm going to try ot change VB and see what happens. If mess it up, oh well, the VB was cheap and I can just try again.
Only problem with used is there is so many of them with the same problem ! And from what I have seen there is only remans available and at a big price as well. Good luck in your mission. Hope all works out for you.

mistaake

Reaction score
Just an update, I dropped the pan, was gonna change my valve body too but ran out of daylight and I had to get the truck back together and out of the way of where I was doing the work so new filter and fluid in and pan back on. Made a mess all over the ground (oops) but drove a bit and it seems fine. Now to take a long highway trip in traffic and see what happens. I wonder if the old filter was just clogged?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update, I dropped the pan, was gonna change my valve body too but ran out of daylight and I had to get the truck back together and out of the way of where I was doing the work so new filter and fluid in and pan back on. Made a mess all over the ground (oops) but drove a bit and it seems fine. Now to take a long highway trip in traffic and see what happens. I wonder if the old filter was just clogged?

Has to do with line pressure increasing, in my case it would be the TC locking and unlocking and it would increase line pressure and hard shift. Once I would shut it down it may not do it again for a bit. From what I gather it has to do with the computer increasing line pressure to correct the error code of a slipping component . I doubt your problem is gone , but here's hoping.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And as a update , the TCC valve replacement is still working like a charm in mine. No codes, or hard shifts, TC locks and unlocks as it should. All shifting functions is on the money now.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My turn to update, issue happened again today. Next I change valve body.
I kind of thought it would return, mine would come and go as you described. The simple valve mod cured mine , I tried that before trying a different valve body and it worked just fine, and is still working. Good luck to you.

Twin4573

Reaction score
trans rebuild. Last week I just completely rebuilt transmissions. Transmission shop charged $1650. My 99 Chevy 2door has 216k on it. It was time for a rebuild. It 1870 with harsh shifts also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk