who the hell is someotherguy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright must be a pretty common thing. :lol:

It is. Whenever you're walking through a parking lot, just take a peek at the VIN of other trucks. Look at the first digit. That's the country of origin established by it's assembly point. 1 = USA, 2 = Canada, 3 = Mexico. Those are the 3 that you'll see on GMT-400s.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone once told me all extended cabs were made in Canada, no clue if that's true.

Some, but definitely not all. My '94 ext. cab was built in Ft. Wayne, IN as was my '91 reg. cab. My Suburban came from Canada and my former '99 Yukon was built down the road from me in Arlington, TX.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Out of a whole whack of parts trucks the overwhelming majority of extended cabs I had were Canadian-built; these were typically 1500's. However, any 2500 extended cabs I had including my personal truck, the black 2500LD, were US-built. All the regular cabs from 1500 up to 3500HD I had were US-built, as well as the SUV's and crew cabs. (I've got an old inventory spreadsheet with the VIN's and short descriptions handy; was easy to check)

Richard