who the hell is someotherguy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Most of y'all know me from other forums. :D

Some of y'all know me as that guy that had the black extended cab with the smoothies, or the black 3500HD wrecker.

Others know I used to run a GMT400 boneyard in Houston TX for a couple years.

Other than all that, I'm just some dude with a '94 GMC C1500 extended cab, 5.7, NV4500 (original!), that just barely turned 100K miles.

I bought it dead stock original, down to the rims and cassette/equalizer stereo,
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck had 99K on it when I bought it and the body is super straight other than that crease on the hood and literally just a couple little dings on the sides. The tow hooks are factory equipment too, pretty rare on a 2WD.

Interior is super sharp other than I need to redo the headliner. I already replaced the door grabs with new OEM pieces as these had broken at the little plastic studs like they always do. I also swapped out the non-tach cluster for one with a tach.

Not a huge fan of cast wheels but I caught a sweet deal on a nearly new set of Boss 338's and Goodyears, so I said what the hell. As expected had to run 1/4" spacers up front to clear the hubs (I can't seem to get away from this!). My girl (or ex? whatever) chillin' in the A/C while I get pics. Don't let the pic fool you, the paint looks great in this pic from the side, but the hood and roof actually are freakin' horrible as usual!

TYC Elegante headlights and park lights, 35W 5000K HID's, LED signals, and clear OEM style corners

It also got a set of nice metal 454SS mirrors (TYC's) not shown in the pics yet.

That's about where it sits for now. Hell I barely drive it. Since buying it at the end of February I've put less than 600 miles on it. I've got everything on hand to do a 4/6 drop except for the time to do it...also have a roll pan and hidden hitch ready to go once I decide on paint.

Richard

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What up man have not seen you in years! I used to be over on FSC and we did that houston meet years ago man that was fun! i remember the black truck you were building do you still have it? Nice truck i just picked up a 94 all white with a cowl hood built 350. Feels good to be rockin a obs again!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yo! Which black truck? The extended cab now belongs to Nobody's94 - just commented on his project thread. The 3500HD wrecker was completed, I used it a while, sold it to a buddy, got it back, fixed it up some more, and sold it again (for good this time!) I miss it too. Jeez..

Ya know that HD went through a few versions, but here it is towing my old extended cab when I shut down the shop and moved to FL for a little while.

And how it looked when I sold it, with a Dynamic repo bed. That ol' truck was one bad SOB

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you have time to kill click the "truck shop projects" link in my sig, about a bazillion pictures of a bunch of different GMT400 projects - including that wrecker, starting from when it was a $300 parts truck that I wasn't quite sure was worth the $300 I paid for it. :D

Richard

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I member trying to contact you on one of the chevy forums! Glad to see you here!!