Someotherguy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Richard.
I ran across this pic recently and thought this one might have belonged to you for some reason. Don't know how long I've had the pic. Not sure what forum it was posted on. Is this one you owned some time in the past?
Just curious on the particulars and what became of it. 1/2 ton with 3/4 or 1 ton dually suspension or something like that?

Attachments

• tc88_104s.jpg
    tc88_104s.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 28

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Richard.
I ran across this pic recently and thought this one might have belonged to you for some reason. Don't know how long I've had the pic. Not sure what forum it was posted on. Is this one you owned some time in the past?
Just curious on the particulars and what became of it. 1/2 ton with 3/4 or 1 ton dually suspension or something like that?
That truck belonged to a friend of mine. We actually met when he came to buy some parts from me. He had already converted that truck from a V6 to a big block and was working on lowering it, then got the itch to do the dually conversion, which was done at my shop - he did the bulk of the work along with help from myself and another friend of his. It got the dually rear axle, forged upper control arms, calipers, rotors, etc. from the '96 C3500 donor truck that supplied the engine and other misc parts to my 3500HD project. The dually fenders came off my old '98 C3500 crew cab shop wrecker. Bed and tailgate were beat old pieces that I hadn't scrapped yet so I donated them to the cause as parts nobody would worry about messing up by going after them with a sawzall. ;)

That truck is for sale on FB, it’s in sad condition now.
Really? Got a link? I'd like to see it. It was in so-so condition all those years ago; last I recall he'd fragged the transmission case, and as mentioned the bed was pretty much junk that he planned to replace later with a nicer one. It was still a work in progress.

@someotherguy
I think it belonged to a buddy of his and Richard helped swap it to a dually. But I'm old and i forget shjt....
You got this one right. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I will find it tonight. I don’t recall saving it.
Please do. I'm probably more interested in this than I should be, but just because it's my friend's old truck, plus a truck from my shop's history. Not like we were TV famous or anything ;) it's just a project truck. But I turned out a lot of work in there and kept a lot of folks' GMT400's on the road either just from solid used parts, or experienced repairs.

Richard

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck belonged to a friend of mine. We actually met when he came to buy some parts from me. He had already converted that truck from a V6 to a big block and was working on lowering it, then got the itch to do the dually conversion, which was done at my shop - he did the bulk of the work along with help from myself and another friend of his. It got the dually rear axle, forged upper control arms, calipers, rotors, etc. from the '96 C3500 donor truck that supplied the engine and other misc parts to my 3500HD project. The dually fenders came off my old '98 C3500 crew cab shop wrecker. Bed and tailgate were beat old pieces that I hadn't scrapped yet so I donated them to the cause as parts nobody would worry about messing up by going after them with a sawzall. ;)

Really? Got a link? I'd like to see it. It was in so-so condition all those years ago; last I recall he'd fragged the transmission case, and as mentioned the bed was pretty much junk that he planned to replace later with a nicer one. It was still a work in progress.

You got this one right. ;)

Richard
I thought so. And how long ago was that? 8 -10 years ago? I saved that one pic from one of your posts on CT. I am Boog over there.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@someotherguy wasn't that the same dude with the cherry C3500 6.5 that nailed a pothole in Nebraska? He had a couple of mint HD wreckers too right?
Lost me there. You might be thinking of my friend Nick from Montana? I don't recall any cherry 6.5's or any mint HD wreckers. He had a white '94 3500HD wrecker, and bought my black '94 3500HD wrecker for a while, then I got it back from him a little later.

I thought so. And how long ago was that? 8 -10 years ago? I saved that one pic from one of your posts on CT. I am Boog over there.
Those pics at my shop next to the black 3500HD were from October 2009. Howdy Boog! Good to see you over here.

Richard