Whats the best option??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I realize now I wasnt thinking it through completely & the rear end would always be the lowest point. I was stuck thinking about front end clearance, like for deep snow. I'm still debating on the rear block. I looked around on lunch & found a 2" set but they are Aluminum, which I have read nothing good about, LOL.

I talked to my buddy & he said whatever I decide to do he will help me with & align it at his shop. Guess if I cant find a 1.5" block kit locally I'd have to order one, seems like ebay is the only place I have really found a 1.5" kit advertised I cant find any online other than there. I can find 2"+ all day though.

I think the 1.5 block & 2" crank in front if I can get that much without bad angles would put me where I wanna be especially with some 285's on it. I know thats still a 1" rake but currently I have a 1.5" rake & I dont really notice it. Hopefully within the next couple years I'll be able to get a 4-6" lift but who knows, if I'm happy with this I might just leave it alone & enjoy it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" crank in front if I can get that much without bad angles

You'd def be pushing it @ 2"...The guy who sold me and put my cepek kit on who has lifted, owned, and worked on countless 4x4 gm400's said 1.5" max so take it for what it's worth...Hell, I would go 1.5 drive it around the block and if you feel like there is some more room then go the .5" but my susp is a 6.5" lift and he said u can take them to 8" by cranking which is right where mines at, but that's it, so that's 1.5" and the truck rides amazing. With cranking and body lifts I would do the minimal amount possible. 1.5" crank 1" block and 2" body lift would give you a nice stouter than stock Z71.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I would go with 1.5" block, And for clearance your rearend will still be the lowest point but you get alot less drag then pulling your whole freme through the snow with like a body lift. 1.5" block and crank to close to level or however you feel, since the leaf packs tend to sag over time i would go with 1.5". plus a little rake wouldnt be as noticable as a little lean

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'd def be pushing it @ 2"...The guy who sold me and put my cepek kit on who has lifted, owned, and worked on countless 4x4 gm400's said 1.5" max so take it for what it's worth...Hell, I would go 1.5 drive it around the block and if you feel like there is some more room then go the .5" but my susp is a 6.5" lift and he said u can take them to 8" by cranking which is right where mines at, but that's it, so that's 1.5" and the truck rides amazing. With cranking and body lifts I would do the minimal amount possible. 1.5" crank 1" block and 2" body lift would give you a nice stouter than stock Z71.

I wouldnt mind just goin 1.5" crank if thats all I end up able to get safely. I'll be doin it slowly & watching my angles for sure. Time to search for the cheapest iron 1" rear block kit.

Your truck sits perfect IMO, eventually thats exactly the height I'd like. I dig the tow mirrors on a truck with a stance like yours, I want a set but feel like they are outta place when the truck looks as stock as mine, LOL. Eventually I'll slap a 2" cowl on her too. I have always loved how they look on the OBS trucks.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a 1" block kit with u-bolts. I found 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 easily though.

Edit:

Found a Fabtech 1" universal block kit at Rocky Mountain & thats the only one so far. Where is everyone else getting a 1" block kit from?

Last edited:

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Most people run a bigger block, like 1.5" and there easier to find.. that why i suggested that size.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was tryin to keep the rake minimal. I'm already approx. 1.5" higher in the rear. So I figured with 1.5" crank & 1" block in the rear both can come up some & be less rake then as it sits now. I guess a 1.5" block & cranking 1.5" would be fine, it'll just sit exactly as it does now but be 1.5" higher all around. I was tryin to cut it down to 1" rake but its proving difficult without just only cranking the front up 1.5" to be level & leaving the rear alone.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
you will probably have 1/2"-1" rake with either block. if you get measurements to your fenders you can see just how much you need. you may not need a block even.. 1/2" will never be noticed

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are my current measurements:

driver front: 34.5"
driver rear: 35.25"

Pass. front: 34.75"
Pass. rear: 35.5"

This puts me about 1" higher in the rear, so if I crank the front 1.5" I'll be about 1/2" higher in the front, throw a 1.5" block in the rear & I'll be 1" higher in the rear. If by some chance I get 2" out of the front without bad angles that would be ideal honestly. Then I'll slap a set of 33's on it & call it good. If I want more after that I'll do what southern suggested and add a small 1.5-2" body lift.

Edit: Just found a 1.5" cast iron lift block kit for $68 shipped from suspension connection, thats about as cheap as I have found unless you guys know somewhere cheaper.

Last edited: