What muffler(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 2000. I don't really what to go with, so I figured I would ask the experts.
Truck spends a fair amount of time hooked to a trailer, so I definitely don't want something that will drone like crazy. I am looking for more of a smooth sports car like sound than a glasspack crack to it. I haven't decided if I am going with a 3" single. Out at a 45 or duals. From what I have read since I tow, the single actually is better performance wise. Any suggestions? Thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've heard Flownasters drone alot (40 series). Ive heard a few spintechs and love them.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I have the Spintech 3000 series SI/SO 3" all the way back. It's nice and grumbly but doesn't drone and is just enough loudness to be known LoL! Honestly I kind if want to swap it out for the 6000 series so it would be a little louder LoL! My wife keeps saying no though. She says its already too loud LoL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
My Super 10 is the loudest Flowmaster has, and even that doesn't drone bad at all. And that's saying something because it's cut right after the cab. Loud as hell on the outside, sounds SICK from inside.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Magnaflows sound great, not a huge fan of Flowmasters on a truck, the tone just isn't what I think of for a full size pickup IMO

homermacleod

Reaction score
flowmaster super44 here, single in dual straight out the back. Love the sound, just wish it was a little louder.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buddy had 2.5" dual exhaust with blowmaster 44s and it sounded horrible, rasped and cackled and droned so bad he gave them away after a month