Vette

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks straighter than new. Nice job and good for you taking it on. I have a policy in my shop ,No Vettes The only thing worse than working on a Corvette is dealing with the owners. Been my opinion since working at a Chevy dealer's body shop in the early 80's

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks straighter than new. Nice job and good for you taking it on. I have a policy in my shop ,No Vettes The only thing worse than working on a Corvette is dealing with the owners. Been my opinion since working at a Chevy dealer's body shop in the early 80's
Thanks. There was quit a bit of bodywork, moving doors and hinges around to try and get nice gaps. Couldn't quite get the right front door gap 100%. It's close as I could get it. The right fender which looked to be original was bonded on slightly high. I could see an abundance of adhesive at the cowl area and some misalignment at the lower fender behind the rocker trim. When I moved the door up in the hole it just got worse the rest of the way around it, and it was up against the trim at the a-pillar. Even if I managed to get the rear of the fender loose there would have been no way to get adhesive that deep into the cowl/firewall area or clean it up. I wouldn't have touched it had it not been my FIL car. I don't do collision work anymore, but late models tolerances are 2-3 mm and it's been ingrained to get those #'s and these old cars are 3/8 of an inch off everywhere. Drives me nuts. lol Our old trucks are built much better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet do my truck next. All the shops around here want $2500+ to paint a bed that isn't even beat up.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
done

You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The FIA racing headlights were something he picked out as well. Not really diggin'em

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And the man it was for