4x6 Amazon Demon Headlights & 88 C1500 HOW?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Beast OBS

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE ok first hello I’m new here iv been building my 88 c1500 the last few months doing all of it all ( The Beast ) Iv bought 4 different sets so far because I thought they were different ( WRONG ) the 4x6 after market DEMON EYE led headlights are alittle bigger yes and I don’t see how to mount them I’m told they will go right on the factory housing and idk how I even bought bigger housing that held them but it wouldn’t fit in the grill then I tried the buckets from the bigger housing kit on the factory housing ( bracket ) and removed factories part that holds he bulb with the other bigger one and it looks like it will work except the screws to adjust the lights are to short can I get bigger n longer light adjustment screws to work on the factory brackets ? And is there another way maybe please help

The Beast - New Engine ( 0 Miles YES THAT NEW lol ) candy apple green completely powder coated with heat resistant, chemical resistant, impact resistant with a high zinc & corrosion resistant primer powder coating. ( I have 3 sets of valve covers 2 tall pair 1 is for sale polished aluminum and a normal size but I powder coated them just like the engine but there also candy apple green with purple , blue , green chameleon but I went with the tall ones I was told there better. Truck is being primered with epoxy black 2 gallons then, 1 gallon black urethane primer then HOT ROD BLACK & then haven’t decided but a color changing pigment or a ectoplasm pearl or this black pearl like the pirate ship I have them all lol with 2k clear coat adding the straight pipes exhaust today and I did cut the dash for the 14 inch rotation screen and double din bracket to mount it ( did clean cut in case I want to plastic weld it back on )
I did everything by myself cause I couldn’t find help in California and I’m no mechanic, or welder, body repair, just a Carpenter, Electrician, Father and a Owner of a OBS Square Body that needs some advise me I have several questions but the headlights is where I’ll start please help me there ANYONE and if you want some powder coating in my area hmu won’t charge much

And I do have a lot of OBS. Original parts getting rid of as well I’m the 2nd new owner of this truck she was taken care of and for 2 wheel drive she hauled 2 bobcats and backhoe up and down California mountains for years

Attachments

• IMG_5804.png
    IMG_5804.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5801.jpeg
    IMG_5801.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 87

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The W/T uses 5x7 headlights H6054, like the 3rd gen Firebird, not the Camaro 4x6 headlights

The other style, which later models morphed into the composite plastic lenses were a metric size: 142mm x 200mm.
H4701 and H4703 or equivalent.
Your supplied pic lists them wrong.

Last edited:

The Beast OBS

Reaction score
The W/T uses 5x7 headlights H6054, like the 3rd gen Firebird, not the Camaro 4x6 headlights

The other style, which later models morphed into the composite plastic lenses were a metric size: 142mm x 200mm.
H4701 and H4703 or equivalent.
Your supplied pic lists them wrong.
So the pic with the OBS Chevy truck is wrong do you have a solution to making my set up work I don’t want any other headlight really

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So the pic with the OBS Chevy truck is wrong do you have a solution to making my set up work I don’t want any other headlight really
Unfortunately yes. I guess they figured no one would get these and realize they won't fit, and then get after them.....

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In order to swap headlights to the 5x7 from composite or the quad headlights you originally had, you also need a W/T grill for single headlights. (like the one in my sig pic) but it has to be from an 88-92 truck because later grills changed attachment points.

EDIT: that housing you currently have mounted to your truck is not going to work with those demon lights. you are going to have to fabricate somthing.

Can I why is your throttle body painted martian green over the loose screws with the throttle plates removed? did you rebuild it?

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The description of the light being 4"x7" is wrong, the 88-89 C/K quad glass is accurate.

The over/under Square Body trucks used the 4x7, not the 88-89 C/K or the 90-91 R/V leftover square body SUVs (and 3+3 duallys).

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, as others have pointed out those aren't going to fit without some serious hacking. I'd send them back.

The GMT400 trucks with quad beam headlights use H4701/H4703 lamps that are a weird size (something like 5 7/8" by 3 5/8"). The only option I'm aware of for LED housings that will be a direct fit are these, and I'm skeptical of how well they actually work because they don't seem to differentiate between high and low beam housings.

https://genssi.com/h4701-h4703-sealed-beam-led-replacement-headlights-2-pack/

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The description of the light being 4"x7" is wrong, the 88-89 C/K quad glass is accurate.

The over/under Square Body trucks used the 4x7, not the 88-89 C/K or the 90-91 R/V leftover square body SUVs (and 3+3 duallys).
The square body carryover models from 1988-1991 that had quad sealed beams use 4701/4703 units like the 1988/89 400s; but the buckets and adjusters are different. Likewise with the G vans that used the quads in this era.
And the '81-'87 square body trucks and SUVs that had the stacked quads, are the 4x7 bulbs, 4651/4656 is the industry number on them.
We had an '84 Burb and a '90 Burb, so I have experience with both setups (changed bulbs a few times in both Burbs, rocks and road debris from the wrong angle would crack the glass and then it leaks, gets water/moisture in it and quits working). The old school "round eye" sealed beams don't have that issue so much as most rocks and road debris are deflected because of the curvature of the lens.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The add has the wrong truck,
You must be registered for see images attach
like they said . This is what you ordered, and this is what you need for those headlights.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
In order to swap headlights to the 5x7 from composite or the quad headlights you originally had, you also need a W/T grill for single headlights. (like the one in my sig pic) but it has to be from an 88-92 truck because later grills changed attachment points.

EDIT: that housing you currently have mounted to your truck is not going to work with those demon lights. you are going to have to fabricate somthing.

Can I why is your throttle body painted martian green over the loose screws with the throttle plates removed? did you rebuild it?
I have seen plenty of '93 and up trucks with single head light front ends. So I am pretty sure that it was still an option on late model trucks.