Vette

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My father in laws vette I'm doing. He has stage 4 lung cancer and his wife came to me about the vette a couple months ago being a bucket list item so I'm takin one for the team. I've only known him 4 or so years, but he's one hella nice guy.

Body work is pretty much done and trimout is started. He picked his favorite color so that's what he get's, but I stepped it up to a 3 stage pearl. Black base, purple pearl coat and clear. Similar to HOK's Blurple. A couple pics of the under hood trim out. I'll post a few pics of the car as I progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some pics of what I started with

These bumpers get rippled up across the top. Here using USC bumper repair material after working with a heat gun. Ultimately had to bolt it back on to get it nice and finish with Polyflex

The fender had some cracks and when I dug it out these holes had a piece of tin riveted on from behind and were just packed with tiger hair. Fiberglass cloth and resin on both sides was the fix.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fender as it sits. Quite a few hours involved in just the fender lol The front bumper was on and off at least 100 times lol

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much the same deal on the front bumper. Usc repair material and poly flex. There was lots of cracked up paint and gouges from abuse. Being pearl, I want the bumpers hanging, but I'll drop them loose from the body and get some foam tape in there.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This one will be neat to see come along!
Not much going on with the truck ATM, and I saw "other builds" and figured somebody might like to see. It's not a "money" Vette and not a resto just a paint job. He's had the car 27 years and it needs a few mechanical things which his step son is going to handle.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not my color, but nice project. My Father in law had stage 4 lung cancer. We lost him in 2010. I had stage 4 throat cancer in 2012. I'm cancer free sense 2013. It's nice to see what you are doing for Him.