Greetings from New Braunfels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budzrex

Reaction score
Well I have been lurking around here for a while now. We inherited my Father in Laws 96 SWB Silverado, a truck he always intended to lower and make a nice driver out of
We had it at the house for a couple of years and last year decided it was time to honor his memory so my wife and I tore it down, stripped the interior and turned it from Tan cloth to Grey leather, did a Ridetech 4/6 street grip kit, and then we sanded it down and I shot a new coat of Black base coat and Clear on it here in my garage. Its not perfect my first paint job on a vehicle in 25 years
but we were not looking for perfection just a nice truck to honor his memory and do what he loved cruise to local shows and saturday drives out to find a cool place to eat.

Attachments

• 96.jpeg
    96.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 27

budzrex

Reaction score
Here is a few more pics Interior used to be tan cloth and tan carpet, seats are factory 96 a friend redid in grey leather we purchased door panels in grey and matched the door inserts to the fabric we did for the headliner. We dyed all the other trim parts with SEM interior dye

Attachments

• dash.jpeg
    dash.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 12
  • door panel.jpeg
    door panel.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 12
  • truck.jpeg
    truck.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Well I have been lurking around here for a while now. We inherited my Father in Laws 96 SWB Silverado, a truck he always intended to lower and make a nice driver out of
We had it at the house for a couple of years and last year decided it was time to honor his memory so my wife and I tore it down, stripped the interior and turned it from Tan cloth to Grey leather, did a Ridetech 4/6 street grip kit, and then we sanded it down and I shot a new coat of Black base coat and Clear on it here in my garage. Its not perfect my first paint job on a vehicle in 25 years
but we were not looking for perfection just a nice truck to honor his memory and do what he loved cruise to local shows and saturday drives out to find a cool place to eat.
Nice pic! Love that truck. Had a few cold beers at Gruene Hall listening to Robert Earl Keen and Jerry Jeff Walker.