New Guy from MD with LOTs of toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Have to come in here just to get some Comments so I can post in the Wanted Topics! HAHAA
I'm on the hunt for a 1998/1999 2500 Burb for a Family commuter. As I have a list of other vehicles. The Burb will be used Mainly by me as a Daily. As You can see I have a few Decades Covered - And the List goes on:

50's -1956 Belair 4 Door Hard Top Blown 350 Blower Shop 192 with 2004r and 8.8 Explorer Swap Family Fun Cruiser
60's - 1968 Charger 440-4speed (Wifes Car) Acid dipped body Full Restoration Taking too long due to Family additions (kids) ya'll know the drill.
70's - 1977 GMC Jimmy LS 6.0 Swap/ 700R4 ( Wifes daily ) Still in Process but getting Close. Perfect Patina Arizona Truck And Perfect Inside.
80's - 1986 Short Bed Scottsdale 2wd 454/400 Turbo (4l80e soon) Dad Original Truck, He sold it and I found it 17 years Later Red/White 2 tone
80's - 1986 Crew Cab C30 Dually Built 454/400 turbo. Rest is stock LOOKING TO SELL and get into a GMT400 - Specifically a 98/99 Burb.

So I'm on the lookout for a Burb so I can complete the 50's through 90's and Last on my list for 2000's is a SLP 35th Anniversary Catfish.

And stupidly we traded in our 2013 Crew Cab 1500 6.2 for a Jeep Gladiator and hated that POS. Under a year, sold it back to stealership.

And as far as we are concerned anything past 90's is all crap.....Mostly. But we miss the $hit our of our 2013 and i've been trying to track it down.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers,
Kraus

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida!

And stupidly we traded in our 2013 Crew Cab 1500 6.2 for a Jeep Gladiator and hated that POS. Under a year, sold it back to stealership.

I had the same experience with a 2023 Gladiator, which I traded our 2019 Grand Cherokee and my 2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L in on. It was OK until you got past 65 mph, then it was a handful to keep in a lane. We only lasted about 2 weeks and less than 1,000 miles with it. Traded it in on a 2013 RAM 1500. Love that truck!

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your budget for the burb?

Craigslist has:

99 in Queens for $12k, 86k on truck, looks clean and ready to dd

and not a 98/99, but a 97 in NJ for 20k in great shape and ready to dd

Last edited:
Reaction score
let's see some pics of the Charger, deep down a Mopar guy. And welcome to the fray. :head3:
It's a project as they all are. But It's been acid dipped so it's a ground up ordeal. This was a gift to the wife for her 30th Birthday. I'm trying to talk her into letting me run a R5P7 in it with a Tremec Magnum. I'll have to upload some later when I'm not on the work laptop.
What part of Md? Lived on the ES for quite a few years.
We just moved to Chestertown back in January. Love it out here and job searching as I'm still commuting to DC/Virginia everyday. Commute sucks.
Welcome from Florida!

I had the same experience with a 2023 Gladiator, which I traded our 2019 Grand Cherokee and my 2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L in on. It was OK until you got past 65 mph, then it was a handful to keep in a lane. We only lasted about 2 weeks and less than 1,000 miles with it. Traded it in on a 2013 RAM 1500. Love that truck!
Yup we lasted a year and a touch under 10K miles.
What is your budget for the burb?

Craigslist has:

99 in Queens for $12k, 86k on truck, looks clean and ready to dd

and not a 98/99, but a 97 in NJ for 20k in great shape and ready to dd
Hey Keeper, well I found one locally. I'm trying to stay locally as we have two toddlers 4 Months and 2.5 years old. I found one for under 5k. I don't mind some cosmetics or engine repairs. Smokes a little but nothing I can't handle. I may have the dually sold tomorrow already.

Reaction score
Pics of that C30 dually please before it's gone.
Well, I couldn't break myself to do it. My 2 1/2 year loves to play in this truck. It has a slight rod knock. And I think it's piston pin, not the crank side. Oil pressure is great. Took out for a quick spin around the block and my toddler cried as she watched me pull off. I remember at age 6 seeing my dad's truck pull away with the new owner, I cried for hours. Luckily I got that one back. I'll try and add a Pic of her in it as this was just yesterday.
I could sit in your garage and keep myself occupied with vroom noises all day!
Super cool collection you got there! That 86 Scottsdale is one cool truck.
Yup, I'm jealous!
LOL, Thanks man! I'm lucky to have a wife who enjoys toys as much as I do. However it really eats at you when you don't have any chance of a sitter and we don't get breaks to have our own time. Currently looking for some sitter services to come to our house just so we can both wrench in the garage. As our family isn't equipped to succumb to the needs of a toddler and a 5 month old.
But im still going for the 2500 Burb. I need something more daily friendly with some luxurys for daily drive to work. Fuel injected no frills, Heated seats, leather rear ac/heat and heavy duty to tow if when I need to. I think I'm going to give my red and white short bed back to my dad so it's protected in his garage. Currently not ready to pull trigger on another garage on the property. Wife's a architect and not fond of boxy pole barns. More of a quonset type 50's favorable style. So I'm lucky to have her to keep me straight as she's the one pushing to not sell the dually. And if I did sell, im.sure I'd regret it. But still need something better as a daily. And I'll fix the issues with the dually.

This all stemmed from her saying I'll go get another truck if i sold the dually. As in a 68-72 Cheyenne std cab long bed 4x4 was her preference.

You must be registered for see images attach