Greetings From Minnesota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seymour, IN originally but they lived in Walker for quite a while after her dad got out of the Navy. They moved to that house on Leech Lake and he immediately bought a boat and went Walleye fishing as often as he could. He passed away before I knew him all that well but I still remember watching him carry a full stringer of fish up the hill and cleaning them for dinner when we visited.
I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I've been pretty lucky with my grandparents. I was born in July 2001 and my Nana (Dad's Mom) died in April 2017 when I was a Freshman in HS. My Grandpa (Mom's Dad) died in January 2019 when I was a Junior in HS. Glad I got to know them as much as I did. My Papa (Dad's Dad) and Grandma (Mom's Mom) are still alive. I feel pretty grateful given the fact that a lot of my cousins had their other set of grandparents die years ago when they were little kids. Glad you still have some good memories with your Grandpa. Hope you can head out there someday and like I said, if you're in the Twin Cities, lmk. I'd really like to meet you.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM has a plant in Arlington, Texas (between Dallas and Fort Worth) that originally built cars (I think the '55 Bel Air my dad had was built there, it was originally sold in Dallas). They built the G bodies (Monte Carlo etc.) there, my mom's '81 MC was built there. In the 90s there was a big controversy because GM was building the full size cars(B bodies) there and in Michigan (Willow Run?) and had to close one plant as production/sales wouldn't support both. They picked the Texas plant to keep, and after the B bodies were discontinued, it made trucks and SUVs. I think it's still producing them....
Exactly where it was built-in Arlington

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'd agree. That was a steal. Too bad people can't take care of their things. It ****** me off in some ways but in others I don't blame them. Cars hemmorage cash like no ones business and there's no incentive to take care of something that is near worthless. My parents have a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT AWD. We bought it used in 2016. I don't remember what we paid, but MSRP was 33K USD and now it's only worth about 8K in perfect condition. We take care of our vehicles and don't drive them like a pig and we don't live in squalor in our vehicles. We've done oil changes and any other maintenance needed and it honestly is a morale killer for people like my parents and I who work hard for our things. The stars aligned for that one and I'm glad you got such a good deal. At least that Tahoe gets to be loved by someone who loves these vehicles as much as I do.
I remember reading something online recently, about used vehicles having their least value at 10-15 years old, and after that 15 year point,IF the vehicle is in good condition it will begin to appreciate in value. As the newest 400s approach 25 years old, they're beginning to be considered "classic" or "collector" vehicles...and we've already seen the prices going up, especially on nice low mileage examples. When I bought the crew cab last year, the price was in line with Kelley blue book for that truck as equipped, at its mileage. Ten years ago we bought the Burb for $3K cash, which is what the insurance paid out on the total of the other '99 Burb it was replacing. If I was buying that truck today, with 130K on it, I would probably have to give twice that.....and if I was looking at a 2500 Burb, those seem to be really pricey.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember reading something online recently, about used vehicles having their least value at 10-15 years old, and after that 15 year point,IF the vehicle is in good condition it will begin to appreciate in value. As the newest 400s approach 25 years old, they're beginning to be considered "classic" or "collector" vehicles...and we've already seen the prices going up, especially on nice low mileage examples. When I bought the crew cab last year, the price was in line with Kelley blue book for that truck as equipped, at its mileage. Ten years ago we bought the Burb for $3K cash, which is what the insurance paid out on the total of the other '99 Burb it was replacing. If I was buying that truck today, with 130K on it, I would probably have to give twice that.....and if I was looking at a 2500 Burb, those seem to be really pricey.
Yes I do agree with that. IF the vehicle is in good condition. In my experience (and you may disagree) the 88-94 GMT400s are becoming collectables, but 95+ are not. My friend and I believe it's because people like the older interior which looks more "vintage". 95+ interiors are better IMO but they do look and feel super cheap. People also prefer TBI on 88-95 trucks bc it's easier to work on and I do agree with that. My friend and I prefer Vortecs though bc of the better power and fuel efficiency.

That being said, I ABSOLUTELY HATE how much people think their vehicles are worth. That's a rant in and of itself. If a GMT400 is in mint condition and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor, I'll gladly pay $7-10K for one. What makes me mad is when people sell junk like mine (road salt rust, saggy headliner, cracked dash, no interior lights bc they don't work) and still think their vehicle is still worth $5K. I love my truck to death and I'll never sell it, but if I did, I could MAYBE get $3K for it and realistically more like $2K for the condition its in. Even the bank thinks my truck is near worthless (they never looked at it). I've taken out a loan for various repairs and they've told me straight up that my vehicle is too old and has too many miles for it to be used as collateral so I only qualified for a personal loan. Since a personal loan has no collateral and is the riskiest loan for a bank, it has the highest interest so I'm paying 15% interest rn. My credit isn't trash and I pay my debts well in advance. I just have very little net worth so I can never get a good loan. I still love my truck (as most people do here) and it's worth it to me out of love.