Johns custom wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phew

Reaction score
So, I just want to put this out there before anyone else gets screwed over by this *******.

Johns custom wiring, Traverse City, MI.

I ordered a plug and play harness 6.0 in 97 crew cab, ordered and payed the deposit on 4-16-23. He stated 95 day wait ok at that time everyone was about the same answer.

First time I emailed him was at the end of June beginning of July, done by end of week was his response, ok.

3 weeks pass I email him back, what's going on ? Oh supply chain issues shouldn't be much longer.

3 more weeks pass, email him again, 3 days later I get a no updates right now.

3 more weeks pass, again should be soon.

Another 3 weeks later, keep in mind everytime I have to send him emails asking wtf is going on there's zero communication from him. I tell him fine at this point I'm fed up it's now November and I still don't have a harness or even an idea when it will show up. I give him a Nov 16th date before I'm doing a charge back.

November 14th, harness is claimed to be done get a "label created" email, I'm skeptical as hell at this point but he swears its done, so I pay the remainder on Nov 16th.

Email him back on the 17th to see why I have no tracking number, he says he won't ship anything till my PayPal payment clears his bank account. At this point I'm pissed, I email him back in 3 days he's now getting annoyed with me wanting my harness and starts telling me that it's business days and that he shouldn't have to tell me that, keep in mind I paid on a Tuesday and emailed him on Friday and the following monday.

Now November 20th payment has cleared according to him, but he's out of town on a another "harness job" and won't be able to ship it out till he gets back in a couple days.

Dudes a flake run as far away from this ******* as you can.

Johns custom wiring, Traverse City, MI.

Wish I had went any where else but now I'm stuck battling with this ******* till I get something. If anyone needs proof I have the whole email chain for the past 7 months of dealing with this guy and would be more than happy to post them

Last edited by a moderator:

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have more patience than I would have.
When someone gives me a timeline, I hold them to it.
I believe in fair honest business. I'll tell people it's gonna take 3 days to do a 2 day job, that way I have a cushion if something goes wrong.
Hopefully you do eventually get your product, but it sure doesn't sound promising.
Thank you for the warning!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I just want to put this out there before anyone else gets screwed over by this *******.

Johns custom wiring 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686

I ordered a plug and play harness 6.0 in 97 crew cab, ordered and payed the deposit on 4-16-23. He stated 95 day wait ok at that time everyone was about the same answer.

First time I emailed him was at the end of June beginning of July, done by end of week was his response, ok.

3 weeks pass I email him back, what's going on ? Oh supply chain issues shouldn't be much longer.

3 more weeks pass, email him again, 3 days later I get a no updates right now.

3 more weeks pass, again should be soon.

Another 3 weeks later, keep in mind everytime I have to send him emails asking wtf is going on there's zero communication from him. I tell him fine at this point I'm fed up it's now November and I still don't have a harness or even an idea when it will show up. I give him a Nov 16th date before I'm doing a charge back.

November 14th, harness is claimed to be done get a "label created" email, I'm skeptical as hell at this point but he swears its done, so I pay the remainder on Nov 16th.

Email him back on the 17th to see why I have no tracking number, he says he won't ship anything till my PayPal payment clears his bank account. At this point I'm pissed, I email him back in 3 days he's now getting annoyed with me wanting my harness and starts telling me that it's business days and that he shouldn't have to tell me that, keep in mind I paid on a Tuesday and emailed him on Friday and the following monday.

Now November 20th payment has cleared according to him, but he's out of town on a another "harness job" and won't be able to ship it out till he gets back in a couple days.

Dudes a flake run as far away from this ******* as you can.

Johns custom wiring at 475 E South Airport Rd Traverse City, MI 49686

Wish I had went any where else but now I'm stuck battling with this ******* till I get something. If anyone needs proof I have the whole email chain for the past 7 months of dealing with this guy and would be more than happy to post them
I would’ve moved on months ago.

Phew

Reaction score
Believe me I called around and everyone told me it was a 95 day wait, I called all the big names and it was all the same.

My issue is now he has my cab bulkhead wiring harness and bulkhead connector. I would've done it my self but I wasn't sure what all was involved with swapping over from it being originally a diesel cab. I did the original cab when it was a big block gasser

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes and no. Supply issues yes and no . Connectors are available, I don't think there is high flow demand on. Delphi/ Packard have been in use quite a while now.
Are they accepting more work than can be reasonably finished timely? " I'll get to it when I get a round 2 it "
Lack of work ethic, integrity? " It's a side gig be glad I'll do it. "
Me, in your shoes, cancelled at the 120 days, no ifs ands or buts. And that's being considerate.