Upgrade 1 Wheel Wonder Peel to Factory Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C2500 light duty is the 6 lug semi float 14 bolt. They came pretty common with 3.42 and 3.73 gears but I have seen 2 from the factory with 4.10 gears. Pull the 6 lug shafts and send them to Moser to get filled and drilled for your 5 lug pattern. Your 10 bolt brake backing plates, hardware and drums will go right on. It is a bolt in affair but you also need the 14 bolt U bolt plates and a conversion U joint. All that being said, even in a 14 bolt, ditch the G80 and get a real limited slip like an Auburn or Trutrac. Do what I have suggested and you will have built a 454SS rear end with a much better limited slip.

http://www.moserengineering.com/moser/shop-services/

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you can buy a trutrac for the 10 bolt and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you can buy a trutrac for the 10 bolt and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like the easiest plan. Like I said I'm not wheeling or throwing a lot of power at it so the 10 bolt is fine.

It's too bad those are $500 haha

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, going from an open diff to a G80 is a downgrade. Go with a Eaton limited slip, auburn drop in, detroit, ect. something of that nature. Summit is where I get my stuff from.

Another thing is if you live in any place where you will get snow/ice, a locker in the rear with no 4x4 will make it real difficult to get around. Not the end of the world of course but something to think about.