Upgrade 1 Wheel Wonder Peel to Factory Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C2500 light duty is the 6 lug semi float 14 bolt. They came pretty common with 3.42 and 3.73 gears but I have seen 2 from the factory with 4.10 gears. Pull the 6 lug shafts and send them to Moser to get filled and drilled for your 5 lug pattern. Your 10 bolt brake backing plates, hardware and drums will go right on. It is a bolt in affair but you also need the 14 bolt U bolt plates and a conversion U joint. All that being said, even in a 14 bolt, ditch the G80 and get a real limited slip like an Auburn or Trutrac. Do what I have suggested and you will have built a 454SS rear end with a much better limited slip.

http://www.moserengineering.com/moser/shop-services/

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you can buy a trutrac for the 10 bolt and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you can buy a trutrac for the 10 bolt and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like the easiest plan. Like I said I'm not wheeling or throwing a lot of power at it so the 10 bolt is fine.

It's too bad those are $500 haha

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, going from an open diff to a G80 is a downgrade. Go with a Eaton limited slip, auburn drop in, detroit, ect. something of that nature. Summit is where I get my stuff from.

Another thing is if you live in any place where you will get snow/ice, a locker in the rear with no 4x4 will make it real difficult to get around. Not the end of the world of course but something to think about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez